Motor and anamorphic images

Hi all

We’re testing motor on sequnces that are 2048x1556 anamorphic. Frankly i never knew to to get the proper squeeze ratio (shake says .5 but i don’t thing it’s the right one cause i need to obtain s 2.35 aspect ratio after the reverse squeeze in projection). Anywau playing around with the clip/film options i got into cinemascope/panavision setting and it looks kind’of ok but exporting the shape from motor squeezes the roto (with or without that Cinemascope or 35full aperture), exporting the matte of the roto does not. So something seems to be fishy in there. I’m not talking about tracking data that should not deform the roto at reference frame. I have to admit that i used the ssf file not mofex but i’ll give it a go with mofex as well.

Is there anyone who tested motor on anamorphic 2k footage?
What’s the proper procedure?

—Quote (Originally by pm)—
The question in my mind is: what do you do in shake to get the aspect ratio of the displayed image correct? Whatever it is, can you apply that to the rotoshapes, and is that the correct solution?

Maybe you could send us a script with a single frame, showing what you mean?
—End Quote—

server: ftp.digitalfx.ro
user: client
pass: service
folder: IMAGINEER
a 93 frames 2k anamorphic sequence
i have uploaded also the motor and shake project

in shake the proper way to handle 2k anamorphic is to use a proxy ratio of .5 but with or without proxy ratio set to .5 the problem still remains. as i mentioned the clip output is correct the roto is not.

i’ve managed to make it work using the default aspect to 0.55 = 1/1.8 (1.8= 2.4/1.333).

Adrian,

the camera settings in motor are purely for display purposes. They do not affect anything exported, whether shapes or mattes. Everything is exported in original frame coordinates, in this case 2048x1556. So it is intriguing that you say the shapes exported by motor (to shake?) are squeezed. What this must mean is that the roto shapes are exported to a 2048x1556 coordinate range, while the image coordinates are being stretched so that they no longer match the rotoshapes. The question in my mind is: what do you do in shake to get the aspect ratio of the displayed image correct? Whatever it is, can you apply that to the rotoshapes, and is that the correct solution? Sorry I have more questions than answers right now. Maybe you could send us a script with a single frame, showing what you mean?

Phil