Motor temp files not to be hidden

Having just completed a 2k roto I noticed my local HD was bloated. Searching the drive gave no clue to why I had lost GB’s of space, untill I launched FileBuddy & found 2,863 motor temp files, some of which were 23MB in size.

Could motor save these files where we can see them, rather than in the private dir which is hidden in OSX.

If this is an option I have missed please forgive me

This is an issue that we are currently looking at on the mac, it seems that files are not getting flushed correctly. We are in the early stages of this particular issue, so I will keep all apprised as development continues.

—Quote (Originally by NickLambert)—
Having just completed a 2k roto I noticed my local HD was bloated. Searching the drive gave no clue to why I had lost GB’s of space, untill I launched FileBuddy & found 2,863 motor temp files, some of which were 23MB in size.

Could motor save these files where we can see them, rather than in the private dir which is hidden in OSX.

If this is an option I have missed please forgive me
—End Quote—

It’s a Preference setting.
Preferences / Output Settings / Cache Directory

As for the default directory on OSX being, set to the hidden tmp folder, will consider changing this.

—Quote (Originally by NickLambert)—
…this is not flushed it just gets bigger & bigger.
—End Quote—

Nick it’s suppose to flush, please monitor to see if it never flushes or just partially.

Just to update you Jay, I’m still getting temp files left behind. But… sometimes they get cleaned. I’m still trying to track this down, but
it seems random at the moment. I’ll post once I’ve got a “if I do this”
example that I can reproduce.

—Quote (Originally by Jay)—
It’s a Preference setting.
Preferences / Output Settings / Cache Directory

As for the default directory on OSX being, set to the hidden tmp folder, will consider changing this.
—End Quote—

Cheers Jay, now please take some time for yourself :slight_smile:

—Quote (Originally by Jay)—
—End Quote—

I think this is a good idea Jay, as this is not flushed it just gets bigger & bigger.