Move a group of keyframes in time

Continuum 2020.5 Title Studio, Vegas Pro 18, Windows 10 pro 64

I have several keyframes in different tracks that I would like to move together in a single drag, but when I do so, they all wind up being compressed along the time axis. This video illustrates the issue:

Or, if I can’t do it by dragging them, is there any other way, such as copy/paste?

I have nothing much to add other than “holy crap! another Kenton?!”

Total stab in the dark, but after shift selecting all of those keyframes, can you cut/paste them at the CTI? May not be what you’re asking about but, hopefully a useful workaround in the meantime.


Yeah, there’s not many of us. There’s a story behind how I got my name, but I won’t go into it here.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but it didn’t work. First, I had to ctrl-click each keyframe individually to select them. When I cut them, they all disappeared as they should, but when I moved the CTI to the destination time and pasted them, only the ones in the top track actually pasted, the other tracks were deselected and their keyframes did not appear. At least the ones that did appear at the destination got their with their correct time relationships.

I undid all of that and tried selecting just the keyframes that were in the top track, thinking that I might be able to do it track-by-track, but when I ctlr-x’d, the whole track disappeared.


If you hold down Ctrl and individually select the keyframes you want to move, you’ll be able to move all of the highlighted keyframes and they will keep their original spacing.

That said, I haven’t been able to reproduce the compression that you’re seeing, and was wondering if you’d be able to export the Title Studio Project (Save As) and send it my way, I’d be interested in taking a closer look at it to see what’s happening.


Thanks, Vin, moving them as you suggested did keep their spacing. Yay!

Sure would be nice, though, if there were some way to select them all without having to select each one individually. If I could just rubber band them…

Anyway, here’s a .blu file for the project. I just tested it in the stand-alone version of BCC Title Studio and, moving them as I describe in my video still causes them to compress in time.

Here’s a link to the project file on my OneDrive: