Moving whole layer results in nightmare splines

When keying spline layers by hand, moving whole or parts of it makes them go start rotating and extending randomly. I’ve been using Mocha professionally for about 5 years and I haven’t run in to this problem ever. I’m running the newest AE CC (December 14th 2018) Mocha Version 6.0.1 build 100.g575f65f40944

Here’s what it looks like in action.

Might be a simple fix but I’ve never really come across the option to have this happen, not really sure why you would anyways. In insight would be appreciated

I’ve also confirmed this same problem on the newest iMac Pro (don’t have the model number in front of me) as well as a small white box that appears when holding down command and trying to manipulate a pick on a spline.

This is a problem specific to the Bezier splines in Mocha. See MO-9058 in the release notes.

You have two options to work around this:

1. Select the spline points and use Q, W or E to manipulate them as a group, or drag the points rather than the transform tool edge
  2. Use X-Splines rather than Bezier splines.

We are looking into fixes for this. :slight_smile:

I’ve also seen a very similar issue in SilhouetteFX v7+ with BSplines when using the Mocha tracker. When adjusting your shape using the transform tool the splines sometimes start extending out and moving randomly in exactly the same way as you showed above. And it can be quite extreme and you have to turn off the tracked layer and start a new one. Maybe since Silhouette is under the Boris umbrella it can get looked at and fixed there too? Thanks.