My tracking is just really bad, it goes way off

I’m pretty new to this but have looked long and hard at training. I am rotoscoping people bowing to the camera - which is fixed. But when I track the shapes I created they drift well off and I end up manually doing every frame. I’m sure I must be doing something wrong or my settings are wrong. Any tips would be great! The worst to track is the organic movement of the skirt. The goal is to remove the background.

I have been looking over things but have no solution to improve it.

An image shows a track and the other shows what happens during tracking.

Hi there,

Turn perspective off for roto, that will make life easier, perspective on cloth (and for organic roto in general) can get really messy.

Next, please understand that tracking for roto just means the roto uses the track to cut your keyframing down but it won’t eliminate keyframing altogether. Make your keyframes where the shape is the most off and then correct between those keys again. You should cut your keyframes down to about a third of what you are keying by hand.

For this shot, I would color key the background and just roto what doesn’t key well. Probably skin tones and the bottom of the skirt on the left. That would be less work.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary