Need Help: Camera Tracking of a Shot: Strong Sun Flare causing trouble

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

I am trying to track and Solve 3D Camera of attached shot in which camera is revolving around an actor and this shot also have a strong sun flare, I tried to solve Camera but the track is slipping and drifting.

So how do I track and solve 3D Camera of attached shot?

Video can be accessed from this link: https://forum.borisfx.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/04e63b6ab9a4ae4cd8e3e0e2c2511b5a595309ce.mp4

I am using: Mocha Pro Adobe Plug-in 2019

Please help me.

Thanks

Hey,
What do you you track specifically ? The guy ? what else and what drifts ?

1 Like

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I just want to do 3D Camera Tracking and Solve it and export 3D Camera Data and then want to bring that 3D Camera data to Adobe After Effects or 3Ds Max.

In Fact I have completed my rotoscoping of this shot and I have Seperated that Actor from Background and want to replace Actors background with Virtual Background and want to use that tracking data for my virtual background.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

This is not a simple camera solve for Mocha. Mocha requires at least 2-3 tracked planes that are on screen at the same time to get a good camera solve. To solve this in Mocha here are the basic steps:

Track the planes of the background that are obscured the most. You can use the layer in/outs for each layer. For example, you would want a tracked Mocha surface for the windows, the background areas such as the black sheets and the maybe parts of the buildings.

You would need to use some advanced techniques to avoid occlusions and will need to monitor the surface for each tracked layer.

Then you shift+select your tracked layers and do the camera solve. I hope this helps. You may find that using the AE camera tracker (using your Mocha mask to make the solver avoid the soccer player) might be a quicker way to get a full 3D solve.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have already tracked and solve camera for 2nd half of this shot because after the Mid this shot have too many planes, Parallax and No Sun Flare. That was easy to solve it. But from beginning to Mid there is too strong sun flare which is not allowing me to track any plan.

How should I treat with sun flare and and how should deal with 1st half of video?

Waiting for response.

Thanks

It’s a tricky one. I would recommend focusing a few small areas at the beginning of the clip. You may only get a good track on some sections for 20 frames or so, but the goal is to have enough overlapping sections that there is always 2-3 areas that are tracking. Make sure to adjust the surface before solving.

Is the green surface the player on rotating separately from the camera? It is difficult to tell, but if it is not then that plane has some good data to track.

1 Like

Hi!

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks a lot for your help. Issues are fixed and its tracked now. I am really grateful for that.

Thanks again.

1 Like