Need help tracking a very jittery shot

Here is the footage: http://vimeo.com/69941760

I have 2 problems in this shot:

1)There appears to be a very slight jitter throughout the shot that is giving me fits when I track it. I’m using the right wall as the tracking plane, with a holdout matte for the people that cross into it. I’m using a large x-spline, about the size of the wall itself since every smaller shape I’ve tried has the same problem. I need to stabilize it for a few reasons but mainly to help with my second problem.

2)I need to track bullet punctures on to the pillow but it becomes heavily obscured during movement and then once it’s in place, the jitter kicks in and even tracking in on the ground becomes unpleasant.

One more thing - when stabilizing the footage to do work on, I want to get the camera movement back after I’ve done my cleanup - how do I do that?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,

What version of mocha are you using?

Can you send me a screenshot of your interface setup?

It may be there’s a layering issue, because this should be a pretty straightforward track.

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
I’m at work and that box is at home so I don’t have it at this second. I’m using the latest version of Mocha and the setup is basically right as it is when installed. I’ve tried a variety of tracks but the one that has give me the most success is to track the entirety of the screen right wallpaper and put a layer above that to hold out the people moving in the shot. I’m not trying to do anything fancy which is why it’s driving me insane.

Hi there,

What version of mocha are you using?

Can you send me a screenshot of your interface setup?

It may be there’s a layering issue, because this should be a pretty straightforward track.

Cheers,
Mary