Need suggestion - multiple/nested insert clip workflow

Hi, i’m using inset module , i got a case where i got a video clip showing 3 girls, the goal i want to test replacing their eyes with ‘white’ ghost-style eyes. I finish tracking , now i want to use multiple layer for the eyes for each of them coz i need to link/track using different track (track every head separately coz they’re moving randomly). Ok, i can actually do single process, by turn on all the render layer of all the eyes then click ‘render’. That will render out all eyes perfectly.
Now i want to test another approach : I’m thinking i want to do ‘inset process’ one by one. After i finish set of eyes and happy with it then i move to the other eyes, and so on. To do this i’m using this workflow :

• insert clip for eyes #1 then (output set to ‘compos1’)
  • continue with eyes #2 (input using ‘compos1’ and output set to ‘compo2’)
  • the third eyes #3 (input: compos2, output :compos3)
    That kind like ‘nesting’ workflow where the compos 3 should be my final render. The only problem is when i don’t render for whole duration. Let say my clip duration is 1-100 then :
    insert#1 set to 10-60,
    inset#2 set to 30-90
    inset#3 set to 50-70
    when i finish render insert#3 , the result ‘compos3’ clip is only render 50-70, the outside range is just showing the original clip. The problem now i need to put them all together into single clip to have a full 10-90 clip showing the ‘new’ eyes. What is the best way to do this ? do i have to export all the 3 ‘compos clip’ then edit it externally (which i don’t like this way, i want the clip out of mocha already in a perfect single clip). Any suggestion ?
    Thanx

Hi, i’m using inset module , i got a case where i got a video clip showing 3 girls, the goal i want to test replacing their eyes with ‘white’ ghost-style eyes. I finish tracking , now i want to use multiple layer for the eyes for each of them coz i need to link/track using different track (track every head separately coz they’re moving randomly). Ok, i can actually do single process, by turn on all the render layer of all the eyes then click ‘render’. That will render out all eyes perfectly.

Now i want to test another approach : I’m thinking i want to do ‘inset process’ one by one. After i finish set of eyes and happy with it then i move to the other eyes, and so on. To do this i’m using this workflow :

• insert clip for eyes #1 then (output set to ‘compos1’)
  • continue with eyes #2 (input using ‘compos1’ and output set to ‘compo2’)
  • the third eyes #3 (input: compos2, output :compos3)

That kind like ‘nesting’ workflow where the compos 3 should be my final render. The only problem is when i don’t render for whole duration. Let say my clip duration is 1-100 then :

insert#1 set to 10-60,
inset#2 set to 30-90
inset#3 set to 50-70
when i finish render insert#3 , the result ‘compos3’ clip is only render 50-70, the outside range is just showing the original clip. The problem now i need to put them all together into single clip to have a full 10-90 clip showing the ‘new’ eyes. What is the best way to do this ? do i have to export all the 3 ‘compos clip’ then edit it externally (which i don’t like this way, i want the clip out of mocha already in a perfect single clip). Any suggestion ?

Thanx

If you do not render the whole insert clip and use it as an input for a different insert render, mocha will only have the available frames for the range you rendered to, so may throw an error because it can’t find the rest of the clip to use as an input.
Otherwise you will need to render for the whole range to combine the effects fully and use your final “nest” as the resulting render.

If you do not render the whole insert clip and use it as an input for a different insert render, mocha will only have the available frames for the range you rendered to, so may throw an error because it can’t find the rest of the clip to use as an input.

Otherwise you will need to render for the whole range to combine the effects fully and use your final “nest” as the resulting render.