New project window is not showing in the screen

I have two monitors and when I create a new project, the pane with all its properties opens up outside my monitor (just guessing, as I am not able to see in both the monitors). Also, the render properties pane opens the same. I tried resetting the workspace but didn’t work.
Let me know if there are any fixes to reset the UI

Thanks

Have you tried selecting Window > Reset and then restarting Silhouette?

yes, i tried and nothing changed!

Can you temporarily disable the second monitor, select Window > Reset and then restart Silhouette? Make sure the windows are all appearing on the main monitor. Then, re-enable the second monitor. Does it work as expected after doing this?

I tried this and no changes! Still have the issue
BTW, this is causing in a windows machine

On my Windows machine with a second monitor, everything is working as expected.

Try deleting your preferences:

1. Press Win+R
  2. Type regedit and hit Enter
  3. For Silhouette 2021.x, delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BorisFX\Silhouette registry entry
  4. For Silhouette 2020, delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SilhouetteFX\Silhouette 2020.x registry entry

Does this solve the issue?

Tried and was not successful. Still the same issue!
Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the software?

Uninstalling and reinstalling won’t make a difference. I am not sure why the windows are not appearing in the appropriate positions if you deleted your preferences. I am not sure how that is possible.

BTW, I am using windows11 here, is it something related to this?

I am on Windows 11 as well.

If you move a window that is not in the correct position to a different position, the next time you launch Silhouette, the moved window will be in the new position. At least for me, this is how it works.

Anybody else with multiple monitors issues with windows not opening in the expected positions?

Never heard from anyone about this issue. Do you want to remote and check on my PC?

What version of Silhouette are you using?

After deleting the preferences, does it work properly for you with a single monitor?

Silhouette 2021.0.1
Same issue with the single monitor as well!

updated to the latest version of SFX 2021.5 but still the same issue. Looking for some help to fix this asap! Thanks

Sorry, I gave you the wrong registry key to delete before.

Try deleting your preferences using these updated instructions:

1. Go into single monitor mode.
  2. Press Win+R
  3. Type regedit and hit Enter
  4. For Silhouette 2021.5, delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BorisFX\Silhouette registry entry
  5. Restart Silhouette and see if the windows open in the proper positions.

Note that the appropriate place to receive customer support is here: Boris FX | Open a Case

Thanks a lot, Marco. That worked!