New User

—Quote (Originally by jellymanfilms)—
I uploaded a proxy of the background scene. I have both motor and mofex but because of the obscured right edge I can’t get it to track in shake.

Ed
—End Quote—

I did a basic set up / track for you as per attached image. (also dropped the project file onto ftp)

In short no need to track the entire LCD panel, easiest is to just avoid the obscured section.

However you would still need to rot the hand etc which is an easy track and roto in Motor. Alternative work flow is to roto the hand, making sure the hand layers are ontop of the LCD layer in which case you could track the entire LCD panel as the tracker will not track the masked off hand region to view the track matte for the LCD panel only - use Track Matte button set to to Sel.Track Matte.

Note the project and attached as per attached image, I added a LCD roto layer which was not tracked but rather just linked to the track layer.

Finally as for placing the insert Motor does not allow tracking export so Mofex would not benefit from the tracking for placement. So all you can do is out put the splines or renders mattes to use in Shake. (The ideal tool for this placement is Monet.)

Still a very simple task in Motor.

Happy - motoring…

—Quote (Originally by jellymanfilms)—
Trying to insert a movie into a hand held dvcam screen. There’s not a lot of movement but one side of the screen becomes obscured with a thumb during the shot. I posted two screen grabs so Maybe someone can give me a tip on how to do this the right way.

Cheers,

Ed
—End Quote—

Are you sure this post is meant for Motor forum? and not Monet?

Either way can you tell me if the second frame on your post, is the last frame of the sequence? Or even better upload a proxy of the sequence to:

FTP account:
server: ftp.imagineersystems.com
username: imgforum
password: imgforum

direct link: ftp://imgforum:imgforum@ftp.imagineersystems.com/

Bear in mind this ftp account is not private!

Just needs to be enough for view purposes.

Trying to insert a movie into a hand held dvcam screen. There’s not a lot of movement but one side of the screen becomes obscured with a thumb during the shot. I posted two screen grabs so Maybe someone can give me a tip on how to do this the right way.

Cheers,

Ed

I uploaded a proxy of the background scene. I have both motor and mofex but because of the obscured right edge I can get it to track in shake.

Ed