New version of Monet?

Is there any news of when the next point release of Monet be coming out?

I tried out v.2.1.2 Learning Edition and it had some pretty bad bugs, which forced me to buy Mocha instead reluctantly. (mainly because it currently works properly and Monet does not) I needed a working product from the date of purchase really, but I would’ve loved to go for Monet…

Any news/suggestions would be great.

Seasons Greetings btw!
Jim.

Will Imagineer will provide a plugin feature for those who currently have the Primatte feature in future versions? Otherwise I can see the reverting back to current versions becoming more and more problematic as UI and workflows evolve.

I understand that the reason for removing these features is to reduce the overall cost of the apps. Could Imagineer have adopted a two-tier app approach that many software providers run (e.g. Standard and Advanced versions)? The Advanced version would have the primatte feature.

Will other features replace Primatte?

Regards,
Alan

—Quote (Originally by sean cusson)—
One thing that doesn’t seem to be fixed is Monet’s tendency to reverse fields.
—End Quote—

Grrrrr! Spotted anything else yet? Mines still downloading…

—Quote (Originally by sean cusson)—
I bought Monet last summer and am actually just getting around to using it on a rather large job (48 shots of screen replacement). What is it that’s “broken”?
—End Quote—

Oh dear, I acted on the Xmas deal but haven’t had a chance to start using it yet either since I’m just back at work.
What’s not working in Monet & Mokey?

Hmmm, sounds troublesome.
I’ve a job mid-feb I’d intended using it on and this could be frustrating to say the least.
Don’t spose Imagineer could shed any further light on this as there doesn’t seem to be a response either here or on CreativeCow… no?

For those of us who stumped up on the Xmas special, how are we covered in terms of fixes to these issues prior to v3?
As was noted on CreativeCow, it’d be a total let down to be caught in a forced upgrade just to have some serious bugs fixed…
Will these be attended to as part of point upgrade to version 2?

Are there similar issues in Mokey?

—Quote (Originally by Ijazn)—
Sorry for the delay guys, the new version of Monet and Mokey have been uploaded to our website, the new version V4.1.3 fixes the file corruption issue as well as another issue in linking layers.
—End Quote—

I’ll download them and give em a whirl. I assume there’s a release note listing the total of what has been fixed?
Thanks guys!

—Quote (Originally by jimmybee500)—
Is there any news of when the next point release of Monet be coming out?

I tried out v.2.1.2 Learning Edition and it had some pretty bad bugs, which forced me to buy Mocha instead reluctantly. (mainly because it currently works properly and Monet does not) I needed a working product from the date of purchase really, but I would’ve loved to go for Monet…

Any news/suggestions would be great.

Seasons Greetings btw!
Jim.
—End Quote—

A new version of Monet and Mokey are our top priority at the moment, we have been doing some extensive testing to pinpoint the issues being reported, and they are in development. When I have a scheduled date for release I will post here.

Sorry for the delay guys, the new version of Monet and Mokey have been uploaded to our website, the new version V4.1.3 fixes the file corruption issue as well as another issue in linking layers.

I don’t suppose you’ll be doing anymore offers on Monet when the fixed version comes out will you? I really did want to go for it last month, but could see the sense in buying something I couldn’t yet use…would you consider a trade-in for my Mocha licence when the new version is ready and me pay the difference?!?

I would love to know all this aswell.

Like I say - I really wanted Monet to work as well as Mocha, but it just doesn’t…for what I need it for anyway. That said, lens calibration, adjusting Z-axis, mesh warper and temporal filtering would be great tools to have…provided they work.

Any info on imminent updates and possible trade-ups from Mocha>Monet would be REALLY appreciated guys. Ta.

My gripes/issues were in this post on Creative Cow: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/241/315

To be honest most of it’s probably not stuff that’s ‘broken’ with Monet, just things I thought it’d be able to do, seeing as Mocha could and Monet is supposed to be Mocha + some…

Other things I had a prob with on top of that were:

• When re-opening a saved project in the LE edition I was working on earlier it TOTALLY corrupts my track

• when using adjust track it doesn’t seem to work half as elegantly and effectively as with Mocha

• you can’t move frame to frame/KF to KF using arrow keys…can’t seem to change this in Keyboard shortcuts either?

• there is now no Primatte…it used to be there?

I’m just slightly frustrated because I really did want to spend the extra on Monet, but at the time (and still now I think?) Mocha seemed to work better, obviously apart from the features Monet has in addition. I needed it to use straight away, so had to bite the bullet and buy. I’ve probably missed the boat now and will have to buy Monet ASWELL at full price. Grrr…!

I bought Monet last summer and am actually just getting around to using it on a rather large job (48 shots of screen replacement). What is it that’s “broken”?

Are there any release notes for the Monet update? I was just wondering what had been addressed.

One thing that doesn’t seem to be fixed is Monet’s tendency to reverse fields.

Haven’t played with it much yet. I’ll post if I find anything else.

When I download the new Monet version I get the error:

SELECT mime_types.mime_type, OCTET_LENGTH(blobs.data) AS length, blobs.data FROM blobs, mime_types WHERE blobs.shortname = ‘MonetV2.1.3.exe’ AND blobs.hidden = 0 Not found

Cheers,

Thorsten Meyer

www.StrongMocha.com (http://www.StrongMocha.com)
DFX (Digital Effects) VFX (Visual Effects) Compositing Food

The Monet download is still broken, can someone fix it pls)?

—Quote (Originally by thomey)—
Looks like the Monet 2.1.3 on the download page on http://www.imagineersystems.com/files/ is broken.

When I download the new Monet version from this URL:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/files/monet/MonetV2.1.3.exe

I get the error

SELECT mime_types.mime_type, OCTET_LENGTH(blobs.data) AS length, blobs.data FROM blobs, mime_types WHERE blobs.shortname = ‘MonetV2.1.3.exe’ AND blobs.hidden = 0 Not found

Cheers,

Thorsten Meyer

www.StrongMocha.com (http://www.StrongMocha.com)
DFX (Digital Effects) VFX (Visual Effects) Compositing Food
—End Quote—

Monet 2.1.3 can now be downloaded. Thank you for fixing the URL

Cheers,

Thorsten