NEWBIE: Creating Light Trail Effect

I recently started using these tools and they are AMAZING so far! I wanted to try something but I am not sure if I am going about it the right way. Some direction or even a link to a good tutorial would be greatly appreciated. I have searched for videos but they all seem to fall short of what I am trying to do (probably because it is super simple).

I captured a shot on the disc golf course of one of my buddies throwing a disc 145+ feet for a birdie. What I want to do is put a light trail that follows the disc all the way through to the basket.

Here is what I have done so far.

I opened the footage up in Mocha Pro and tracked the disc all the way through the shot. I created a new solid and dropped Trapcode Particular on it and created my null, and a new light and named it Emitter, then created an expression, pick whipping the emitter to the null.

This is where I get stuck. I want the emitter to follow the track path of the mask I created in Mocha Pro.

Am I even approaching this from the right direction? Is there an easier way to pull off the same effect?

Thank you for you feedback.

That should work, but can you copy and paste the keyframes from the null to the emitter manually and see if there’s just an expression problem?