Newbie on screen text removal question

Hi ,
I tried to remove an on screen text like the one at the end of this commercial, at 00:27,

and i tracked the larger area behind the text, then created a clean plate but failed to remove the text…every tutorial i found feature removals from the actual footage, this is on the video, not in the scene,
i would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to explain how can i remove on screen text, is this possible with the trial version? because i got a white square after rendering…
Thank you for your time stranger

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply,
i don’t have that scene anymore, it was a test job, i had the same video that i’ve linked, except that it was with a different model and highres, i did that one manually but now that i found mocha pro remove function,
i was asking in general, how to remove an onscreen text with a moving video background, i’m sure there’s an automated way to do this

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the reply,
i don’t have that scene anymore, it was a test job, i had the same video that i’ve linked, except that it was with a different model and highres, i did that one manually but now that i found mocha pro remove function,
i was asking in general, how to remove an onscreen text with a moving video background, i’m sure there’s an automated way to do this

Hi ,

I tried to remove an on screen text like the one at the end of this commercial, at 00:27,

and i tracked the larger area behind the text, then created a clean plate but failed to remove the text…every tutorial i found feature removals from the actual footage, this is on the video, not in the scene,
i would appreciate if someone would be kind enough to explain how can i remove on screen text, is this possible with the trial version? because i got a white square after rendering…

Thank you for your time stranger

Thanks, that helped a lot.

Thanks, that helped a lot.

If you don’t have a lot of movement, more than one clean plate may be required.
Can you show a screen grab of your setup?

If you don’t have a lot of movement, more than one clean plate may be required.

Can you show a screen grab of your setup?

Overlay text is just another foreground object, like dust on a lens.
You would need to make sure you have enough trackable background behind the text to do the remove (as in what you want to see behind the text in other frames in order to replace it), otherwise you will need a few clean plates to help further.
You could also try using the clean plates exclusively.
Try these 2 tutorials to see if they help with your workflow:

Overlay text is just another foreground object, like dust on a lens.

You would need to make sure you have enough trackable background behind the text to do the remove (as in what you want to see behind the text in other frames in order to replace it), otherwise you will need a few clean plates to help further.

You could also try using the clean plates exclusively.

Try these 2 tutorials to see if they help with your workflow: