I’m trying to remove logos/decals/etc from the sides of vehicles while they’re driving around (running footage) and I can’t get the removal tool to function at all. The only way I’ve got ANYTHING to work at all is by using a static clean plate, which isn’t what I’m going for… I’m trying to get Mocha to use the clean areas around the logo/decal as samples to replace the masked area with that “smart fill” information.
A good example of a shot that I’m trying to do is kind of like this (https://youtu.be/cq2ih_DO3eo?t=12), where the goal is to remove the lower left emblem on the trunk lid (S90) and use the empty space directly to the right/surrounding the S90 emblem) as the source for fill/replace.
Current setup and workflow:
- AE 2019, Mocha 2020 14 day trial (activated this morning)
- Top layer: Tight cutout mask w/ slight feather around logo. Tracked w/ plane.
- Bottom layer: Wider cutout of most of the trunk lid. Tracked w/ plane (with top layer calculations off, initially). Made sure the top layer’s track mask doesn’t go outside of this layer’s bounds.
When I go into the Remove tab, I turn on AutoStep and leave everything else on default. When I hit Render Current… nothing. I literally can’t get Mocha to remove ANYTHING.
The goal of my project is to remove decals/logos/emblems on vehicles utilizing Mocha’s semi-automated Replace function… which I can’t get to work. The closest I’ve got to getting anything to work is by exporting the Mocha mattes to AE masks and then trying to use AE’s content-aware fill… which works, kind of… the end result is NOT super clean and I KNOW Mocha can do this much better, I just can’t figure out HOW. I’ve gone through the Lynda Mocha 5 training + watched a ton of YT videos (I’ve probably struggled with trying to figure this out for a full 8-10 hours)… it doesn’t seem like getting this function to work (even poorly) should be THIS hard.
I’ve checked the documentation that a mod/admin/dev listed (3 links) in this thread and it seems like I’m following all of these steps properly.