No matte export from Mocha AE?

I was using a great tutorial from Ben Heuser for Mocha workflow and rotoscoped a matte layer that I wanted to export to AE. The “file” column he uses shows quite a few options for export where my “AE version” only addresses transform and corner pinning.

I am guessing I need to upgrade to the full Mocha version to have these options?

By the way, fantastic product! It is working miracles for us.

-Mike

I’m confused by this as well.

The user guide that comes with the install of Mocha for After Effects V2 has a section about exporting mattes. However no such options exists under the “File” menu as the user guide states.

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—
You need to upgrde mocha for AE to version 2 to export mattes.
It is found under file or under track tab: “export shapes”.

This exports the shape data in a format that can then be pasted to the mocha shape plug-in in After Effects. You need the mocha shape plug-in as well.

Hope this clears things up.

-R
—End Quote—
Thanks. I upgraded to version 2. The User Guide PDF has a different menu pictured that has an export mattes option. But I do see the option for shapes. I will now look into getting the AE shapes plug in.

Does anyone else out there know how to get a matte level out of Mocha AE?

You need to upgrde mocha for AE to version 2 to export mattes.
It is found under file or under track tab: “export shapes”.

This exports the shape data in a format that can then be pasted to the mocha shape plug-in in After Effects. You need the mocha shape plug-in as well.

Hope this clears things up.

-R