No options under insert clip

I’m new to Mocha AE so I am expecting there is a simple solution, but I am very frustrated because I have no options under “insert clip” except none, input, logo and the grids. I unfortunately caught myself in a car window in a clip and I want to paint myself out. I have a plate from a still frame of another take of the car. The target clip is handheld but not too shaky. I would like to composite in the mocha ae plugin rather than the AE timelime but since I can’t import the other clip I’m symied. Thanks for any help.

You will have to use the corner pin or power pin export mode, there is no insert module in Mocha AE, that insert clip is just for checking tracks.

In this case, you probably need to align the surface where you want the new background and export that corner pin into AE for your new background from Mocha AE.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help. If you absolutely must have the insert module, and I do think it is a very useful module to have, consider buying the Mocha Pro for AE plugin on a subscription model, it makes it extremely inexpensive to have Mocha Pro.

Cheers,
Mary

Thank you for your reply, Mary. In fact, I viewed one of your on-line tutorials in an attempt to resolve this problem. I am exporting the corner pin tracking data to my “plate” but now I am encountering the scale problem which is most frustrating. If I click “align layer” first, then retrack the clip, will that process eliminate the drastic change in scale I experience when using the corner pin?

Regards,
Mark

It should, as long as the inserted clip is the same size as the original clip. If you’re still having issues with it you can send me the shot and I can take a look.

I appreciate your interest in helping me with this issue. I’ve attached a jpeg of my AE screen with the window insert. I precomped the image and then picked Transform>Make Comp size for the layer.

Here is also a link to a folder on my google drive, if you’d like to take a look at that. I have screen shots from my AE project as well as a PSD that has the cut out layers as well as the original image where you can see me in the window. It also has a 7 second mov of the file with the full image inserted; it appears the motion and tracking are pretty stable.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W_FMGe0xhLgFhXHc7NIvX8MN_cSL0s9m

I am an in house videographer who produces training and informational videos for law enforcement, other public agencies and the community. I am located in Southern California.

Regards,
Mark

Since I was unable to get Mocha to work effectively for this application, I just went to a second strategy. I used AE motion tracking to stabilize the footage, then applied the mask. Drop into a second composition to adjust for scale and position changes and it worked on my 7 clips like a charm.

Mark

Hi, sorry, it looks like I missed your previous response. I apologize for that. I am glad you found a solution that worked for you.

Cheers,
Mary

Mary, I appreciate the help you offered and the assistance you provide for many of the people who post on this forum.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like