No Planar Surface View

I’ve done a track. When I turn on “Show Planar Surface”, the blue box, to place corners in the correct position, I get nothing. the box isn’t showing up. Curious.

I’ve done a track. When I turn on “Show Planar Surface”, the blue box, to place corners in the correct position, I get nothing. the box isn’t showing up. Curious.

Thanks Mary, that seemed to do it. Unfortunately hijacking my own thread. Do you have any suggestions for tracking 29.97 HD interlaced video, small images I’m tracking. Thanks again. Chris
—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Click on “align to surface”, it has probably gone offscreen somewhere and your track is likely not suitable. When you align the surface, turn the grid on as wel and see what happens to the track.
—End Quote—

Thanks Mary, that seemed to do it. Unfortunately hijacking my own thread. Do you have any suggestions for tracking 29.97 HD interlaced video, small images I’m tracking. Thanks again. Chris

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Click on “align to surface”, it has probably gone offscreen somewhere and your track is likely not suitable. When you align the surface, turn the grid on as wel and see what happens to the track.
—End Quote—

You need to track as many small areas on the same plane as possible if you’re going to track small areas. Less than 40x40 pixels is going to get you really poor results.
Try to track as much of a small area as possible, and if you need to, garbage matte out FG objects moving over that area to get the best results.
How small are we talking? I honestly recommend de-interlacing your footage if you’re having trouble working in a small area.
Cheers,
Mary

You need to track as many small areas on the same plane as possible if you’re going to track small areas. Less than 40x40 pixels is going to get you really poor results.

Try to track as much of a small area as possible, and if you need to, garbage matte out FG objects moving over that area to get the best results.

How small are we talking? I honestly recommend de-interlacing your footage if you’re having trouble working in a small area.

Cheers,
Mary