No timeline

First I’m totally new at this game, so forgive me my probably stupid Q. I’ve searched for an answer but didn’t find one.
I imported footage (h264 mp4) and see no timeline. Instead at the start of where the timeline should be I see the scrub symbol on a red background.
When I shoot some test footage with my 4s (HD/mov) and a well recognizable planar surface it works.
So is it the lack of a identifiable planar surface in the h264 footage or is it the footage format itself that invalids it to process by Mocha AE.?
a little guidance is highly appreciated. :o

First I’m totally new at this game, so forgive me my probably stupid Q. I’ve searched for an answer but didn’t find one.
I imported footage (h264 mp4) and see no timeline. Instead at the start of where the timeline should be I see the scrub symbol on a red background.
When I shoot some test footage with my 4s (HD/mov) and a well recognizable planar surface it works.
So is it the lack of a identifiable planar surface in the h264 footage or is it the footage format itself that invalids it to process by Mocha AE.?

a little guidance is highly appreciated. :o

Mary,

Thank you very much for your answer, I feared that indeed that was the case, which is a pity since it is one of my fav codecs. I used some fresh unedited footage from my iPhone 4s to test it and that did work, so I have to tinker a little bit to find a codec that works for Mocha AND me :).

Mary,
Thank you very much for your answer, I feared that indeed that was the case, which is a pity since it is one of my fav codecs. I used some fresh unedited footage from my iPhone 4s to test it and that did work, so I have to tinker a little bit to find a codec that works for Mocha AND me :).

Mary,
The renaming indeed didn’t work. As it turns out none of the (Premiere) H264 1080p mp4 codecs work with Mocha.
However when using (Premiere) QT 1080i H264 both 24 and 29 FPS and with or without frame blending and Max Qual work fine, so I’m good :).
Thanks again and given the fact that I’m new at this you might see me returning here for some advice :).

Mary,

The renaming indeed didn’t work. As it turns out none of the (Premiere) H264 1080p mp4 codecs work with Mocha.
However when using (Premiere) QT 1080i H264 both 24 and 29 FPS and with or without frame blending and Max Qual work fine, so I’m good :).

Thanks again and given the fact that I’m new at this you might see me returning here for some advice :).

Hi There,
It sounds like that codec is not interacting with mocha properly. Try using a .mov, we can read several quicktime formats but not all of them. If you are still having issues, try loading in a JPEG or TIFF sequence (which will always work) to test and see that we don’t have a more serious issue going on. If you are unable to load such an image sequence, you will need to file a support case here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/contact_form
Hope that helps!
Cheers!
Mary

Hi There,

It sounds like that codec is not interacting with mocha properly. Try using a .mov, we can read several quicktime formats but not all of them. If you are still having issues, try loading in a JPEG or TIFF sequence (which will always work) to test and see that we don’t have a more serious issue going on. If you are unable to load such an image sequence, you will need to file a support case here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/contact_form

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Mary

I get it. You can try changing the extension to .mov and see if you can trick it. But it probably won’t work.

However, I am all for tinkering.

I get it. You can try changing the extension to .mov and see if you can trick it. But it probably won’t work.
However, I am all for tinkering.