Nudging using arrows

I’d really like to have the arrows control the timeline primarily and nudge secondarily…
no modifier key for time line control
modifier key for shape control
is there some way to reverse?
when I’m manually setting keys, one hand is on the mouse the other hand is on the timeline controls. However, when I need to nudge a shape, I will not be using that in combination with mouse clicks, so I can ‘drop’ the mouse in exchange for a modifier key.
Maybe this is the default action of AE… but then AE is the single WORST roto tool I’ve ever used… for the record.
T

Hi T,
We have noted the complaint about arrow keys in our user stories and hope to address changing hot keys in the future.
Currently, you can change some hot keys in preferences. But we can’t change the hotkeys for nudge.
However, if you want to step through the timeline all you have to do is press cmd+arrow keys (or Ctrl on non Mac machines).
I’m not sure what you mean by no modifier key for shape control, can you elaborate? Let me know if you have any more questions.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi T,

We have noted the complaint about arrow keys in our user stories and hope to address changing hot keys in the future.

Currently, you can change some hot keys in preferences. But we can’t change the hotkeys for nudge.

However, if you want to step through the timeline all you have to do is press cmd+arrow keys (or Ctrl on non Mac machines).

I’m not sure what you mean by no modifier key for shape control, can you elaborate? Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Mary

OK, just trying to give you a workaround for now. :slight_smile: Thank you for letting us know.
Cheers,
Mary

OK, just trying to give you a workaround for now. :slight_smile: Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

At this time we do not have an ETA for this. But requests like yours move it up on the priority list.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
At this time we do not have an ETA for this. But requests like yours move it up on the priority list.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
You’ll be happy to know this is fixed now. Preferences to use for Nudge vs Advance Frame hot keys are now available. We hope that helps!
Cheers!
Mary

Hi there,

You’ll be happy to know this is fixed now. Preferences to use for Nudge vs Advance Frame hot keys are now available. We hope that helps!

Cheers!
Mary

Any idea when this will be resolved? I submitted a ticket for this when we were testing the software. I have some artists who prefer to use previous versions because they are accidentally moving splines and creating key frames when trying to navigate the time line.

Any idea when this will be resolved? I submitted a ticket for this when we were testing the software. I have some artists who prefer to use previous versions because they are accidentally moving splines and creating key frames when trying to navigate the time line.

Downloaded 3.0.2 yesterday and love the new preference for this. Works great so far. Thanks!

Downloaded 3.0.2 yesterday and love the new preference for this. Works great so far. Thanks!

I’d really like to have the arrows control the timeline primarily and nudge secondarily…
no modifier key for time line control
modifier key for shape control

is there some way to reverse?

when I’m manually setting keys, one hand is on the mouse the other hand is on the timeline controls. However, when I need to nudge a shape, I will not be using that in combination with mouse clicks, so I can ‘drop’ the mouse in exchange for a modifier key.

Maybe this is the default action of AE… but then AE is the single WORST roto tool I’ve ever used… for the record.

T

I just mean ‘alt’ ‘shift’ ‘cmd’ ‘control’ they’re all modifier keys. they modify the mouse button click.
cmd+arrow to step the timeline isn’t good for me at all.
T

I just mean ‘alt’ ‘shift’ ‘cmd’ ‘control’ they’re all modifier keys. they modify the mouse button click.
cmd+arrow to step the timeline isn’t good for me at all.

T