Nuke Export & Beta 1.2.0

Hello Imagineer,

Your Nuke export routine is invalid, as you’ve assigned Tracker 3 and Tracker 4 backwards, which means if you import the files directly as exported to a Nuke cornerpin node your results will have the Top Left and Top Right data the wrong way round.

I’d also like to contact someone at your office on a better way to do this all around. I wrote a python script to do this by taking your already valid .shk export and recreating that as a Nuke tracker node … it works better, doesn’t invert the top corners, and requires only a single output file and a single input. It’s on fxshare if you want to try and install it on Nuke, otherwise I can just send you a mapping that shows exactly how to export your corner data as a .nk file that the user could simply drag and drop into Nuke’s DAG, much like your current Shake behavior.

matchmove@yawpitchroll.com

Thanks,

Michael

Ok, now I’ve written a new version of my parser for Nuke exports from Mocha.

This one will use some very simple logic to see if you’re using a set of ASCII export files exactly as it currently exports from Mocha 1.2.0 or if you’re using a .shk export from this or an earlier version.

In either case it then parses the data, creates a Nuke Tracker node in your DAG, then loads the Tracker with the created data and turns on all the different calculations. So far I’ve tested it as a matchmove or a stabilize and in either case it seems to work.

I’ve also flipped the Tracker 3 and Tracker 4 assignments so that the cornerpin now seems to work if you copy the tracker data directly into a cornerpin node … this needs some more testing, so anyone wants to give me feedback send it to matchmove@yawpitchroll.com.

Also, please everyone note that it’s Nuke 5.0 or higher, MUST have python support.

http://www.fxshare.com/nuke/downloads/tcl_scripts/5148.html

Tell your friends.