Object Exit / Enter Frame

I have a tank I want to put a logo on. The tank enters the frame and drive away from the camera. I know I can start to track in the middle of the shot backwards but as the tank enters the shot the track obviously loses features and you have to somewhat track manually. Is there a way to track another feature of the tank to “push” that original track shape through the edge of the screen without having to manually have the shape destroyed by the edge of frame? (Pixel data is no longer existent thus messing the spline) hopefully a tutorial already exists on this but I have may have not been using the right search terms? Is there another way to describe this problem?
Thanks!!
Joe

I have a tank I want to put a logo on. The tank enters the frame and drive away from the camera. I know I can start to track in the middle of the shot backwards but as the tank enters the shot the track obviously loses features and you have to somewhat track manually. Is there a way to track another feature of the tank to “push” that original track shape through the edge of the screen without having to manually have the shape destroyed by the edge of frame? (Pixel data is no longer existent thus messing the spline) hopefully a tutorial already exists on this but I have may have not been using the right search terms? Is there another way to describe this problem?
Thanks!!
Joe

I remember seeing a tutorial with Christmas cards and a snow scene where the cards leave the scene. Is there any other tutorials that are available or one that can be made where you do a linking technique that assists in the push past the frame edge?

I remember seeing a tutorial with Christmas cards and a snow scene where the cards leave the scene. Is there any other tutorials that are available or one that can be made where you do a linking technique that assists in the push past the frame edge?

Hi Joe,
As long as you have some of the same plane to work with, you can keep using that plane to track the tank. If that plane disappears, then you will have to do the rest manually or find something on the same plane as the tank surface.
If the tank is driving into the shot then you will need to track the available planar information. This means you will either need to expand your shape, draw more shapes on the same layer, or move the existing shape to the remaining available areas.
Moving the shape will not affect the tracking, so you can keep moving it about. Just make sure you turn on your surface and grid so you can see how the actual tracking is going.

Hi Joe,

As long as you have some of the same plane to work with, you can keep using that plane to track the tank. If that plane disappears, then you will have to do the rest manually or find something on the same plane as the tank surface.

If the tank is driving into the shot then you will need to track the available planar information. This means you will either need to expand your shape, draw more shapes on the same layer, or move the existing shape to the remaining available areas.

Moving the shape will not affect the tracking, so you can keep moving it about. Just make sure you turn on your surface and grid so you can see how the actual tracking is going.

You would be referring to Curious Turtles Fundamentals of mocha:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/mocha_Fundamentals
In mocha you don’t need to link tracks, you just add additional shapes, so if one shape is starting to go off screen, you can stop the track and draw another shape to continue on.
If you can show me footage of the tank, I can give some recommendations.

You would be referring to Curious Turtles Fundamentals of mocha:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/mocha_Fundamentals

In mocha you don’t need to link tracks, you just add additional shapes, so if one shape is starting to go off screen, you can stop the track and draw another shape to continue on.

If you can show me footage of the tank, I can give some recommendations.