OCIO Colour Prefs in OFX

Is there a simple way to set the default color settings for the viewer and file ?

For my usage, (nuke/episodic tv currently), “linear” & “rec709” would be far more useful than the current defaults and I would prefer not to have to get into modifying “factory” OCIO configs if at all possible ?

Thx

Andrew Mumford

Currently OCIO environment variables work this way: https://borisfx.com/support/documentation/mocha/7.0.2/#_opencolorio_ocio

If you have a feature request that differs from this workflow, please let us know.

Cheers,
Mary

Well I’m guess I’m not really questioning the implementation of OCIO - rather how I can set a project default of “linear” for image color space and more importantly “rec709” for the “default” viewer colorspace for any new project.

Unless I’m missing something ocio.config defines the available colourspaces but not the “defaults” set for a project ?

Btw the doc’s make no mention of what to do if you are on a Mac - might be worth adding a few lines pointing the average user to something like “env pane” which is available on GitHub and what I use to set my Nuke env vars. To further add to that I wish there was a further control inside Mocha to point to a “MOCHA_OCIO” vs plain old “OCIO” which is rather a generic implementation.

Thx

Andrew Mumford

Ah, I see. We will have to make that a feature request or python script I think. Let me touch base with @martinb

Cheers,
Mary

I believe there will be some more OCIO implementation improvements coming in the next point Mocha Pro release. Stay tuned.