Offset stabilized clip in Final Cut Pro

Hi. I am also having the shifting problem and haven’t found a solution in the user guide or in the forum (so far :wink:
Mocha .xml creates a perfectly stabilized clip in FCP – which is 540 pixels too high.
?*Apple ProRes 422, 1920x1080, 23.976, square/HD pixel
? Mocha Pro 2.6.2
? FCP 7.0.3
I double checked sequence settings in FCP, and clip settings in Mocha Pro. All seem to be correct, except Mocha .xml lists codec as “XDCAM EX 1080p24” This is not editable, but I assume it should be ProRes 422, etc… Is this causing the shift problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Benjamin

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Are you using 2.6.2 or an earlier version?
—End Quote—
Hi Martin. Same results with 2.6.2 and the previous version. I’m currently using 2.6.2. Thx b

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
—End Quote—
Hi Martin. Same results with 2.6.2 and the previous version. I’m currently using 2.6.2. Thx b

Hi. I am also having the shifting problem and haven’t found a solution in the user guide or in the forum (so far :wink:

Mocha .xml creates a perfectly stabilized clip in FCP – which is 540 pixels too high.

? Mocha Pro 2.6.2
? FCP 7.0.3

I double checked sequence settings in FCP, and clip settings in Mocha Pro. All seem to be correct, except Mocha .xml lists codec as “XDCAM EX 1080p24” This is not editable, but I assume it should be ProRes 422, etc… Is this causing the shift problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin

HI Martin,

I think I found my error. It seems to be in FCP.

An FCP Media Managed clip displays its properties as 1080p24, but when I make a new sequence with it (accepting FCP’s dialogue box to make my sequence settings match that of my clip) the resulting sequence defaults to HDTV 1080i (16:9).

Not sure why FCP would do this, buy I’ll run everything from the raw footage and keep an eye on what FCP does with it.

Thanks very much for looking at my .xml and .mocha last week.

Benjamin

HI Martin,
An FCP Media Managed clip displays its properties as 1080p24, but when I make a new sequence with it (accepting FCP’s dialogue box to make my sequence settings match that of my clip) the resulting sequence defaults to HDTV 1080i (16:9).
Not sure why FCP would do this, buy I’ll run everything from the raw footage and keep an eye on what FCP does with it.
Thanks very much for looking at my .xml and .mocha last week.
Benjamin

We’re experiencing a problem where the imported stabilized clip from Mocha 2.0.2 (stand alone) in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 (via XML-import) contains the tracking/stabilizing keyframes, but the entire clip is shifted about half a frame upwards. So the clips plays fine (that means: stabilized), but we only see the bottom half of the clip in the top half of the viewer in FCP.

We checked the Anamorphic and interlaced settings in Mocha and FCP.
Still no joy.

What’s up?

Kind regards,

Hans

Hi Ross,
I’ve put some screen shots and project files on our server:
http://www.cinematov.com/mocha/Mocha.zip
What do you mean with a “de-interlaced” project?
BTW: checking ‘invert’ during export from Mocha doesn’t seem to make a difference for fcp. I’ve included both resulting xml’s in the zip-file.
Kind regards,
Hans

Hi Ross,

I’ve put some screen shots and project files on our server:

http://www.cinematov.com/mocha/Mocha.zip

What do you mean with a “de-interlaced” project?

BTW: checking ‘invert’ during export from Mocha doesn’t seem to make a difference for fcp. I’ve included both resulting xml’s in the zip-file.

Kind regards,

Hans

I imported the clip with the correct frame size (PAL Anamorphic) and interlacing (upper field first).
Leaving Separate Fields to Off seems to cure the shifted frame problem in FCP.
Is there a workflow that needs the use of the interlaced options (including the Track Individual Fields option in the Track tab in Mocha) and the pixel aspect ratio/frame size options (in the Film tab in Mocha)?
Kind regards,
Hans

We’re experiencing a problem where the imported stabilized clip from Mocha 2.0.2 (stand alone) in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 (via XML-import) contains the tracking/stabilizing keyframes, but the entire clip is shifted about half a frame upwards. So the clips plays fine (that means: stabilized), but we only see the bottom half of the clip in the top half of the viewer in FCP.
We checked the Anamorphic and interlaced settings in Mocha and FCP.
Still no joy.
What’s up?
Kind regards,
Hans

I imported the clip with the correct frame size (PAL Anamorphic) and interlacing (upper field first).

Leaving Separate Fields to Off seems to cure the shifted frame problem in FCP.

Is there a workflow that needs the use of the interlaced options (including the Track Individual Fields option in the Track tab in Mocha) and the pixel aspect ratio/frame size options (in the Film tab in Mocha)?

Kind regards,

Hans

• Apple ProRes 422, 1920x1080, 23.976, square/HD pixel
  • Mocha Pro 2.6.2
  • FCP 7.0.3

• Apple ProRes 422, 1920x1080, 23.976, square/HD pixel
  • Mocha Pro 2.6.2
  • FCP 7.0.3

—Quote (Originally by BGP)—
? Mocha Pro 2.6.2
? FCP 7.0.3
Thanks in advance,
Benjamin
—End Quote—

—Quote (Originally by BGP)—

? Mocha Pro 2.6.2
? FCP 7.0.3

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin
—End Quote—

Please send me an example fcp file, xml file and mocha file please, i’ll take a look:
martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

Please send me an example fcp file, xml file and mocha file please, i’ll take a look:
martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

No problem. FCP does sometimes decide to interpret differently depending on the material, especially in the HD area, because it has so many presets.

No problem. FCP does sometimes decide to interpret differently depending on the material, especially in the HD area, because it has so many presets.