OFX Mocha Pro in Fusion doesn't import Anamorphic footage correctly

I’ve got footage in Fusion that is Anamorphic with a 2:1 pixel aspect ratio. When I launch the Mocha Pro plugin in Fusion, the footage is squished.

Hi there, we have a bug filed for this so we’re hoping to address it in the next few releases.
For our notes, are you seeing this in a specific version?

It’s Mocha Pro OFX Plugin 6.0.3 build 29.ge687ee832d2a

And Fusion Studio 9.0.2 build 15

I’m using a resize node to get the footage into a square aspect to work with in Mocha. Exporting shapes seem to come back to Fusion fine and line up with the footage, but trying to work with the corner pin information doesn’t seem to work. Is there a way to work with this?

Any update on this???

Still nothing???

Let me ask @martinb

Not yet, sorry :frowning: This is currently a limitation in the OFX plugin architecture.

For the time being, the workaround is to resize the image using a Resize node in pixels, rather than aspect ratio. This will force the aspect ratio.

Hi, any progress on Anamorphic footage?

Hi Heydar.

Sadly no: You still need to reformat the input. We checked asepct ratio in the plugin and it appears Fusion is sending Mocha the wrong value… :frowning:

Thanks for the info. We have a list for BlackMagic so we will bring this up with them.

Hello

This is still an issue and it’s causing a lot of pain.
I own 1 mocha and rent 5. I am working on an anamorphic show and it’s not just as simple as resize node before plugging into mocha. Lens module is buggy and I think it’s to do with incorrect data being passed into mocha from fusion.

Common borisfx please fix this asap

1 Like

As I noticed, when Fusion’s input aspect is 2:1, Mocha interprets this as 1:2, i.e. 0.5 when it should be 2.
If we could change PAR of the input in Mocha plugin, but it’s not active…

As mentioned above, it has to be fixed on the Fusion side. They are passing us incorrect information. The bug has been reported to Blackmagic, so hopefully, they will address it soon.

The problem is if you change the PAR in Mocha directly, it will be back-interpreted by the host and be incorrectly distorted there instead. This is why we disabled PAR in the plugin version.

Hi

It is mentioned above that there is limitation/bug in mocha OFX plugin.

I dont believe it is all fusion other wise simply correcting/ inversing the squeeze in fusion before going into mocha would work.
I sent a workaround solution to Elizabeth , have you guys looked at it. the key seems to be making footage square pixels.

I have also notes to Elizabeth that I have similar/same problem in AE mocha pro doing lens distortion on the footage I am working with, so not purely blackmagic?

Hi,
for me exactly - inversing AR in Fusion/ working with correct aspect of image in Mocha/ reinversing AR in Fusion - works. Funny thing is that after inversing AR, image appears 4 times higher than normal in Fusion but absolutely correct in Mocha screen.

@adrius yes but you might be missing the part about stmap generation or lens distort workflow does not work.
to get that working you have to convert to square pixel to work in mocha.

the inverse PAR you are doing is a thing i tried first. btw the getting bigger - thats a peculiar thing i found to so instead of going PAR 2:1 I went PAR 1:0.5

I’m specifically talking about the PAR here, not the STMap issue. Let’s not confuse the two things.

The PAR issue is a Fusion problem. The STMap issue is definitely a Mocha problem and we’re working on a fix for that part.

1 Like

The Fusion PAR issue is corrected in the last Fusion update btv :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! We need to check that now