OFX plugin for NUKE - Track doesn't stick or crash

Student here (at home with own computer). My classmates and I just started using Mocha Pro yesterday. We used it for a very simple task : to track a white board with black marks on it (simple task enough, one should think). It seemed to work for pretty much everybody, except me. For some reason, the tracking doesn’t seem to stick at all. I’ve tried to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the plugin, updated it, same thing with Nuke and I come across the exact same problem. It simply doesn’t stick.

Here is the tricky part : when I do frame by frame tracking, I realize how unstable the whole thing is. The best result I got was when I went frame by frame and whenever I saw the tracking layer “unhooked”, I did “Command+Z” to go back and click again on the frame by frame button to try again. Often, after one or two “Command+Z”, it would stick better. At the end, for a tracking that should have taken around 1 minutes, it took 20-25 minutes, and the result was super shaky anyway. So, not sustainable whatsoever.

Now, remember, we are a class. I did the exact same steps as everybody else. So the conclusion has to be that the software is not optimized for my computer. Unless I’m missing something. I wanted to verify here to be sure.

I’m on a Macbook Pro from 2017.
Here are the specs:

macOS Monterey version 12.2.1
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
Storage 128GB SSD
Memory 8GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640

Thanks

Also, I tried quickly another tracking on some other footage, and it crashed after a few frames of tracking processing. On frame 13 to be exact. Maybe that’s significant. Maybe not.

OK after a lot of trepidation and research I FINALLY got it. I deactivated the “Use GPU Processing” in Preferences/GPU. Now it sticks. PHEW.

Thanks to another post that helped me.

Good day

Yes, that’s exactly what I was going to suggest. Sounded like some classic GPU incompatibility.