One Layer for tracking, one for the shape - how?

I have Mocha 2 with shape data. In the footage, a van is shot directly from the front, it moves and makes a right turn. I want to track the motor hood, and export it as a shape to After Affects.
When I carefully draw a layer shape, precisely around the hood edges, the tracking shape soon drifts off the hood, as there are no real image details on the hood itself. When I draw a layer shape around the hood, slightly outside the hood, Mocha excels at tracking, the shape sits like glued to the van’s motor hood. I believe it is because Mocha now has plenty of details to use (windshildl wipers, grille etc)
In short: Is there a way to draw two shapes, one outside the hood (layers) and tell Mocha this:
Track using Layer 1
then draw a precise shape around the hood and tell Mocha:
Export the Layer 2 shape using tracking data from Layer 1
I hope I have explained good enough what I am after.

I have Mocha 2 with shape data. In the footage, a van is shot directly from the front, it moves and makes a right turn. I want to track the motor hood, and export it as a shape to After Affects.

When I carefully draw a layer shape, precisely around the hood edges, the tracking shape soon drifts off the hood, as there are no real image details on the hood itself. When I draw a layer shape around the hood, slightly outside the hood, Mocha excels at tracking, the shape sits like glued to the van’s motor hood. I believe it is because Mocha now has plenty of details to use (windshildl wipers, grille etc)

In short: Is there a way to draw two shapes, one outside the hood (layers) and tell Mocha this:
Track using Layer 1
then draw a precise shape around the hood and tell Mocha:
Export the Layer 2 shape using tracking data from Layer 1

I hope I have explained good enough what I am after.

Thanks Nik!
I have watched / followed some of the tutors, but I must have missed the one explaining this. I definitely need some time to learn Mocha.

Thanks Nik!
I have watched / followed some of the tutors, but I must have missed the one explaining this. I definitely need some time to learn Mocha.

Yes,
1- Use one layer for track.
And then create Second layer for roto and on the first keyframe set in Layer Properties ‘Link to track’ - your track layer.
2 - You can first track and then use the same layer to roto.
You can watch some tutorials from Imagineer Systems website also. There is a good explanation of it.
Hope this helps you.
BR!
Nik

Yes,

1- Use one layer for track.
And then create Second layer for roto and on the first keyframe set in Layer Properties ‘Link to track’ - your track layer.

2 - You can first track and then use the same layer to roto.

You can watch some tutorials from Imagineer Systems website also. There is a good explanation of it.

Hope this helps you.
BR!
Nik