Optics 2022 - Crashes When Selecting Render Filters

I am currently trying the free trial version of Optics 2022 and initial impressions are good, however, every time I select the Render filters option the entire program crashes. All the other filter options appear to work ok, so its just a problem with the Render filters. Is this is a known issue, and is there anything that might help resolve the problem?

Windows 10 Home Edition (version 21H1) - 64 bit
Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

PS: I am using the program as a standalone application, as I do not use PS or LR

@user113

In the following order, please try the following.

1. Your graphics card is 10 years old and is most likely not capable to properly run Optics. Make sure you also upgrade to the most recent graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website.
  2. Go to File > Preferences, disable Live Thumbnails and restart Optics.
  3. Go to File > Preferences, set GPU Rendering to Disabled and restart Optics.

Marco, thank you for the quick reply. I tried your suggestions and the Render filters now display ok. I tried clicking about 4 or 5 of the Render filter presets and effects displayed correctly, but if I click any more presets the program still crashes. I did wonder if the age of my PC (approx 10 years) might be a problem, but I’m hoping to replace it in the next few months. I still have about 14 days of the trial version left, so will do some further tests and see how things go.