Overscan in mochapro2020

Hello,
I have a footage with the original working resolution of 3840x2160 and overscan resolution of 3943x2489. when I load footage inside mochapro, it squeezes the overscan region inside the native resolution of 3840*2160. So if we track in this footage and take that into nuke, position changes for track as well as for the roto. Is there any work around for this?

Are you in the Mocha Pro standalone? Or the plugin? If the standalone, you should be able to set the resolution and aspect ratio manually.

Is this a windowed EXR? If so, you will probably need to add a reformat node after the read node before feeding it into the Mocha OFX plugin as we don’t support windowed mode.

I am using the standalone. I am not able to adjust the resolution manually

Can you please guide me how to adjust the resolution inside clip parameters manually.

Sorry, Martin confirmed that the Mocha Pro standalone does not support windowed EXRs.

so mocha standalone and plugin doesn’t support windowed EXRs?
Would it be possible to make it support in the future mocha updates? we are working on such kinda footages a lot

We added this to a feature request right now because of this post. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

1 Like

In the standalone, there is currently no way to do this. While you can crop the clip, it will still use the same ratio when exporting.
You may be able to get around this by still tracking/rotoscoping in the full overscan clip size and then cropping the output in Nuke, or using https://www.nukepedia.com/gizmos/draw/rp-reformat to resize the roto.
The alternative is to write out the crop in Nuke and then import that to Mocha.

In the plugin version, the answer is to use the reformat node on the source before you feed it into Mocha.

1 Like