Particle Illusion 2021 Standalone stopped working

Hello,
I installed Particle Illusion Standalone 14.0.2 today with Continuum 14.0.0, on Windows 10 Version 1909. After some hours working on it, after I saved and started a renderning it crashed and now the GUI doesn’t run anymore.
The only error message I can find is on Windows Event Viewer

Faulting application name: Particle Illusion.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x600b2d10
Faulting module name: Particle Illusion.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x600b2d10
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000018b6a6
Faulting process id: 0x6dfc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d706ef0a068323
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\BorisFX\Particle Illusion Standalone\14\lib\ParticleIllusion\Particle Illusion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\BorisFX\Particle Illusion Standalone\14\lib\ParticleIllusion\Particle Illusion.exe
Report Id: 17a495a6-ad49-4223-9706-c6778c105efb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’ve already tried to logon with another user and reinstall both packages but it still fails.
In which way can I reset it?

Thanks

Have you already tried restarting your machine?

Yes, already restarted. The first thing to do as usual.

Let’s try deleting the preferences from the Registry. Look for:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BorisFX\Particle_Illusion_Standalone

I think you can delete that, then try running PI again. (This assumes that you’re familiar with editing the Registry of course, and are comfortable doing so)

Same as before, I deleted the folder from the registry and as soon as I run the program, it recreates the keys and then it hangs again without opening the GUI.With the same error in the event viewer.

Do you have multiple monitors?

I’m not sure why it would stop working if it was working before, but some people have issues with multiple monitors that we’re trying to duplicate.

No, I’m working on a laptop without a second monitor connected