Particle illusion - Continuum 2020 5 Particle Emitters for Windows Installer

Hello,
It seems that the installer ignores any custom installation path.
For instance, I installed Particle illusion on D:\BorisFX\Particle Illusion.
Then, to install the extra emitters, I pointed the installer to D:\BorisFX\Particle Emitters but it installed all of it on C:“default paths”.
Anyone noticed this strange installation behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciated.

Ben

Hi Ben,

We typically set both the application and the emitters to install into the C drive but we’re checking the custom installations now and will get back to you on this. It may be that the internals of Particle Illusion expect to find the emitters in a single hardcoded location - I’m not entirely sure but I’m checking that and I expect to have more knowledge to share about that shortly.

1 Like

Much appreciated for the fast feedback Peter.
Thanks for checking on this.

Stay safe.

Ben

Hi Ben,
I just installed the extra Emitters for Particle Illusion 2020 for Windows, on my E drive and saw it installing to my C drive instead? So your not the only one.

1 Like

Hi michael.

Much appreciated for your feedback.
Lets hope that @PeterMcAuley can came back to us with good news and this issue can be fixed soon.

Stay safe.

The problem here is that the installer for the additional emitter libraries should not give you the impression that you can select a new location – they need to go in a specific place or PI won’t be able to find them.

We’ll make these easier to relocate in the future, but in this version the emitters can’t easily be relocated.