Particle illusion - Doing a flame loop

Hi, Is there any way to do a loop in particles illusion?
I’m doing a flame but I only need 2 seconds and loop. If we don’t use loop the frames export would be very heavy for a game. I only need 2 seconds (60 frames) and repeat all the time.

thanks

As far as I am aware, there is no easy way to generate a seamless looped particle animation from directly within Particle Illusion. I’m sure you could probably fake it out though. One method for achieving this would be to render out a 1 second clip of the flickering flame, then pull this into your NLE/Compositing system and butt-fit two instances of the rendered flame result into your timeline, then reverse the second instance and delete the first frame of the second instance, which will yield a looped animation.

Thanks for your help!
I found something similar and it’s working properly, I put it below for other persons who look for the same problem.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I rendered out a 300 frame targa sequence w/alpha of just the fire particles flowing upward. I then imported the full sequence back into a new comp. Next I imported frames 0-150 in and then frames 151-300. This gave me three layers with the full sequence being the bottom layer. Frames 151-300 I put at the beginning of the comp on layer 2 and animated the opacity from 100% to 0% over 150 frames. Frames 0-150 I put at the end of the comp on layer 3 and animated the opacity from 0% to 100% over 150 frames. Now for the full 300 frame sequence I animated the opacity from 0% at the beginning to 100% at frame 150 and back to 0% at the end. I know this is a hack way of doing it, but it worked for me and the fire looped seamlessly.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The full thread https://forums.cgsociety.org/t/looping-particle-animation/758985

Thanks!!!:wink: