Particle Illusion Studio window unusable

Hello,
I just installed Continuum OFX to try it out before committing on a subscription.

The standalone Particle Illusion Studio window is unusable in my machine. Whenever I click anywhere in the window menus or any area except the video area, the window resizes and hides 1/4 of itself in the right side of the screen. If I click again it goes full screen and hides the Windows taskbar. It does not have window icons either (minimize, maximize, close). Clicking again will revert to the previous state of 1/4th hiding, and so on.

I believe this is not normal. What could be causing this behavior?
I am trying to get this resolved and check out what Continuum Particle Illusion has to offer.

Do you have multiple monitors? Are there any accessibility options enabled (at the OS level)?
Are you using a mouse or a tablet (like a Wacom tablet)?

Hi @Alan_Lorence
thank you for the quick response.

I have three monitors in my setup and I use a mouse. There are no tablets attached and no accessibility options enabled.

The app is launched on my main, largest monitor, which is ultra wide.

If you use the window layout hotkeys (Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, etc.) does that set the PI window correctly and fix the problem?

Or does it still have issues after that?

One last question: what is your desktop resolution?

Ctrl+1 or by using Ctrl + left / right arrows make it disappear entirely on other screens. In one occasion I saw just a small corner of it at the bottom left of my main screen.

I have attached an image with one of its many forms.

Screen 1 main screen: 3440 x 1440
Screen 2: 1920 x 1080
Screen 3: 1680 x 1050

I installed the Adobe version and it now works. It seems that there is a bug in the OFX version.

That’s surprising, because the PI app in both versions should be identical.

I’m going to DM you…

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?
I’ve seen many such odd glitches tied to to drivers.
Sorry Alan, I intended this post for LegendaryAced

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?
I’ve seen many such odd glitches tied to to drivers.

@freedommoon1 all is updated to the latest version. I am using an Nvidia GTX 1080.