Perfect Mocha Track

First off, thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.

So, instead of a .mov, I made the clip into a .jpeg sequence and mocha finally got it as 149 frames, so that part is all good. Also the tracking seems much better but it’s still off.

—Quote—
You will need to align surface to the frame in your track that you want to be the “center” of the explosion, if that makes sense. Essentially you’re saying “this is the correct frame up of what I want, translate AROUND this frame.” Then you paste the data in ae on the first frame, like everything out of mocha. I would just use translation, corner pin might warp your footage and it sounds like you’re just looking for translation.
—End Quote—
Still a bit confused on what exactly you mean by this. :o

I feel like I’m doing something wrong in mocha, like tracking the wrong area or starting at the wrong place.

Jake

So I followed the tutorial and stabilized the shot. Then parented the explosion to the null object and it WORKED! I came across the tutorial before but thought it would help me! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!! :smiley:
-JAKE!:cool:

So I followed the tutorial and stabilized the shot. Then parented the explosion to the null object and it WORKED! I came across the tutorial before but thought it would help me! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!! :smiley:

-JAKE!:cool: