PixelChooser Key Matte output doesn't match Mask

PixelChooser Matte works as expected when using regular channels such as RGBA & Luma (see left side of the image)
But when selecting the Key channel, the output is greatly distorted (see the right side of the image)
Both the regular and key channel looks fine when enabling the View Mask / Matte checkmark, but the final output is still strangely distorted when using the Key channel.

In this example I am using BCC Wave within Vegas Pro 20.0 running a GTX 1080 w/ the latest drivers.
I am running the latest version of Continuum, but this has been an issue for me even before the latest update.
Can anyone else replicate this bug? I made this image to make it slightly easier to test, but this problem occurs on video footage as well.

I found out this only happens with OpenCL enabled but on disabling OpenCL and opening a project with the BCC Wave plugin, it crashes VEGAS Pro with this error:

Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\BorisFX\ContinuumOFX\16\lib\Continuum_OFX_8Bit.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFB8B21AE51
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000004BAE51

Or when working within a new project and applying the effect:

Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\BorisFX\ContinuumOFX\16\lib\Continuum_OFX_8Bit.dll
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFB894DAE51
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000004BAE51

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us - I’m able to reproduce it and in the tests that I’ve done it appears to be limited in scope to just this filter. Can you please confirm that?

Meanwhile, we’ll take a look to see if we can understand the cause of this problem.

Thanks,
Peter.

After some testing I found that the matte key issue does happen on BCC Bulge as well.

I don’t know what they have in common, but other than that I have a hard time finding other plugins with the same issue, seems like it might mainly be these two.

Hopefully that helps, and thanks.