Planar tracking from a still image

Hallo everybody,
I’d like to know if there is a way to make a planar tracking from a still image (as a photo, picture, and so on…). Normally is it done with Camera mapping, trying to recreate planimetry of a still image but maybe in Mocha there is a tool to make this job better and … faster!
Any ideas?
Many thanks!

Hallo everybody,
I’d like to know if there is a way to make a planar tracking from a still image (as a photo, picture, and so on…). Normally is it done with Camera mapping, trying to recreate planimetry of a still image but maybe in Mocha there is a tool to make this job better and … faster!

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
HI Duca,
Planar tracking requires at least 2 frames of motion to track, but i’m not sure what you are trying to do exactly. Do you want to split the image into planes?
—End Quote—
Hi M,
If you have a sequence, you can make planar tracking or camera tracking (2D or 3D).
But if I have to to place a text and 3D object in a still image, as a photo, to make it I’ve to build a geometry of a scene. Normally, with still image, I make “Camera Mapping” searching to recreate a original geometry of a scene. But maybe Mocha can make it also with planar tracking: that I asked for. But you rightly say: “Planar tracking requires at least 2 frames of motion to track…”
and that means that we have no solutions for this problem with Mocha planar tracking.
Many thanks!

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
HI Duca,

Planar tracking requires at least 2 frames of motion to track, but i’m not sure what you are trying to do exactly. Do you want to split the image into planes?
—End Quote—
Hi M,
If you have a sequence, you can make planar tracking or camera tracking (2D or 3D).

But if I have to to place a text and 3D object in a still image, as a photo, to make it I’ve to build a geometry of a scene. Normally, with still image, I make “Camera Mapping” searching to recreate a original geometry of a scene. But maybe Mocha can make it also with planar tracking: that I asked for. But you rightly say: “Planar tracking requires at least 2 frames of motion to track…”
and that means that we have no solutions for this problem with Mocha planar tracking.

Many thanks!

HI Duca,

HI Duca,