Planer surface and grid disappear

See attached image

I have a single layer, with a single spline on it. I set link to track to “none” because the camera is pushing in and I just want it to follow the texture on the ground to get the track and not immediately follow the track offscreen. The ground is basically a grid of texture, so I don’t think it’s losing that, but I tracked forward and and the planer surface and perspective grid completely disappear on frame 42.

It can keep tracking for another 20 or so frames without the planer surface showing and eventually stops with a “Tracking failed: Couldn’t decompose drift compensation matrix”

I tried without removing the “link to track” and fails too.

Also attached source movie

The bad news: This is the surface going behind the camera issue we have had for years.

The GOOD news: this is fixed in the latest version of Mocha Pro, or should be. What version are you on?

If you’re on an older version, try moving the corner pin further back and tracking from the end of the shot to the beginning.

And consider upgrading to the new version. We changed the algorithm to account for this happening.

Cheers,
Mary

Ah bummer. You guys released this fix 2 days after my license expired

That’s unfortunate timing. Can you submit a request to sales and see what they can do for you?