PlugIn Weirdness

The Mocha pro plugin often stays black back in Ae after closing it.

I have to double click on a few different movies from the project window which seems to refresh some sort of cache.

I also get this error a bit:

I can’t seem to recover from it, and I have to reset all the tracks and surfaces and start over. When I get this error, the screen also goes black when hitting the “render” checkbox for rendering an insert or stabilize in the “module Renders” category.

I think I have figured some of this out. I send met timelines from an NLE to After Effects from an NLE via XML.

If there is scaling done on the clips, then Mocha seems to freak out. if I pre comp the clips at the native clip size, do the tracking, then add the scaling back to the parent comp, things seem to work better.

I wish I could use the stand alone version with MXF. The plugin is cool, but harder to use.

I am.pretty sure this is a bug youre running into.

Can you email a step by step to repeat this error to maryp@imagineersystems.com and martinb@imagineersystems.com along with your mocha version, ae version, and the program you’re exporting from as well as your system profile? We will be able to log this as a bug.

Thank you!
Mary