Position and Rotation

This has bothered me from the very beginning of using Mocha. Apparently, the way your tracking algorithm works is it calculates scale before rotation.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut there are times - especially with very out of focus tracks - when I don’t want Mocha to track scale because she’s going to (she?) get it wrong, very wrong, but I still want the rotation data.
Can we please make this a thing?
If your algorithm doesn’t allow tracking rotation without scale, can we get a switch that will tell Mocha that the scale of the object is constant?

Nice to see you again @kaczorefx

Thanks for pointing this out. You’re right, shots where you would like to track Translation & Rotation only don’t come along very often, but still happens time to time.
At the moment Scale and Rotation are linked. But we discussed this with the team and we’ll try implement this feature in future releases.

If you have a shot where you need translation & rotation only, the current solution is:

• Track Translation, Scale & Rotation as regular
  • Export tracking data to you host
  • Delete the keyframes for Scale animation

Thank you so much for this.
I use this workaround but that doesn’t usually help. When Mocha mistakes defocusing or other stuff for scale changes it rarely is symmetrical - so every time it introduces a scale jump it also results in a position jump, so just deleting the scale track does not really help :frowning: That’ why it would be great to tell Mocha: “however you track this object just remember, the scale is constant.”

1 Like