Possible resolution loss with Mocha for AE?

My workflow is stabilizing 4K Red files in AE CS4. I encode the R3D file to an avi file for Mocha in AE, then stabilize the avi in Mocha and then copy the data back to the original R3D file in AE for output.
My question is whether or not the entire process degrades the original R3d image in any way?
I am still not ending up with acceptable images from this process and of course it could be that the problem is color settings or something else between AE and Ppro. But the question is worth asking anyway. Anybody know?

My workflow is stabilizing 4K Red files in AE CS4. I encode the R3D file to an avi file for Mocha in AE, then stabilize the avi in Mocha and then copy the data back to the original R3D file in AE for output.

My question is whether or not the entire process degrades the original R3d image in any way?

I am still not ending up with acceptable images from this process and of course it could be that the problem is color settings or something else between AE and Ppro. But the question is worth asking anyway. Anybody know?

Since you are only bringing in tracking data for stabilisation to After Effects, mocha AE is not going to affect the quality of the red footage in any way, as mocha AE itself is not rendering anything.
The only scenario I can think of where you may get some reduction in quality is from scaling or warping of the layer if the stabilisation is severe, but again, this is merely transform or corner pin data, not something that will effect colour, gamma etc.
Can I see an example of what you mean?

Since you are only bringing in tracking data for stabilisation to After Effects, mocha AE is not going to affect the quality of the red footage in any way, as mocha AE itself is not rendering anything.

The only scenario I can think of where you may get some reduction in quality is from scaling or warping of the layer if the stabilisation is severe, but again, this is merely transform or corner pin data, not something that will effect colour, gamma etc.

Can I see an example of what you mean?