Power Matte + Tracking

How do I have to put nodes together and What’s the sequence of steps to do in the right order?

@lcompote See the step by step Tracker tutorial on page 120 of the Silhouette user guide. The Power Matte node contains a Tracker just like the Roto node and you track, apply the tracking data to a layer and the shapes within the layer are tracked.

1 Like

I use Premiere. I have input node> power matte> out. I tracked an object inside power matte by click on the left side panel> tracker. How do I get the matte back to Premiere? I don’t know.The manual says pick Composite back in Premiere or for Roto pick Roto. I’ve tried both and nothing. I’ve tried injecting Color to Alpha and the other in between. Shit I have no clue what I’m doing . My node tree

When compositing in the Silhouette plug-in, you have a choice between Render > Composite or Render > Cutout back in PPro. If you are looking for the matte output, use Render > Cutout.

None of this works. I’ve tried it already.

I just tested here and it does work.

Is Power Matte outputting Alpha back in Silhouette?

You will need to apply Silhouette to a layer above another layer in PPro so the cutout can composite over the layer below. Are you doing that as well?

Is Power Matte outputting Alpha back in Silhouette?

If I selected view matte or Tap A to view channel then yes. That tells me it’s happening.

You will need to apply Silhouette to a layer above another layer in PPro so the cutout can composite over the layer below. Are you doing that as well? I posted the node tree above

No I’m just trying to extract alpha matte. So to extra matte and apply to a footage I gotta have 2 layers in Premire one with no silhouette and other with? Composite mode doesn’t extract alpha? Can’t I just extra a matte and apply to a layer in Premiere?

@lcompote There is indeed an issue with using Power Matte within the Silhouette plug-in. We are investigating the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh boy. Oh Ok Is it Premiere side or Silhouette? Maybe I should try After Effects.

It’s on the Silhouette side.

In the meantime I still wanna know how to extra and apply alpha WITHOUT the 2 layer solution. Is this possible? Like In Mocha you click apply matte and boom done.

I’'m gonna try some other node. Just learning how to do things in Silhouette. By the way can I insert some other mode between power matte and ouput in the meantime to workaround the bug or it’s not possible?

The matte is automatically passed through to PPro if you use Render > Cutout. This does not require two layers. A bottom layer is required if you want the result composited over the background.

Ah ok
I’ve tried roto mode and it worked without me doing anything. Roto or Cutout> Clea Alpha.
I’ve tried injecting Roto Modo between Output and Power matte to no avail. It seems to be no workaround

Yes, Roto and Paint will pass the appropriate alpha with doing anything. When doing anything else, you would need to use Render > Cutout.