Pre-Processing Helpful?

Hi,

I was wondering if editing a video by increasing contrast, saturation, sharpness, etc, would help Mocha track better?

Thank you.

Rarely, it really only helps if your video is super dark and has a severe lack of contrast. You can adjust the linear and log settings in the clip tab in the standalone version of Mocha without changing the original files or you can use the brightness values in the Mocha interface in the upper toolbar of the Mocha Plugin in classic mode.

If the footage really needs a lot of love, you can adjust the clip in an editing or vfx host and render that out to use in Mocha.

If you have any more questions, let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

One time I’ve processed a clip was when I was tracking markers on a green screen, and I desaturated the clip before giving it to Mocha. It didn’t seem to help Mocha any, but was much easier to look at.

I was having a horrible time tracking the markers until I decided to try creating a shape for each marker, and just the markers and a bit of area around them. Somehow having large swaths of a solid color made it difficult to track. These shapes were all on the same layer.

Every shot is different, if you have large areas of no texture, it is usually best to ignore those areas.