Problem: BCC Cornerpin in AD Premiere not working with text

BCC Cornerpin in Continuum 2022 works nicely in Adobe Premiere (latest version), but only with video or pictures as forground over background video. Workflow identical to boris.fx video ( BCC Corner Pin Studio | Boris FX Help Documentation ). My text does not appear at all. I can replace the text layer by another video in den same layer and it appears in the desired place and way. If I take away the text and the alternative foreground video, I can see (changing the composite mode to substract or something else), that the foreseen area is beeing trackes correctly, but, as I said, the text layer remains absent.
Workung with Windows 11. Anyone any idea?

Hi There,

The BCC Corner Pin Studio effect should work with PP native titles just as well as it does with still images or video clips. Perhaps you could share a project and a screen capture to better illustrate the problem on your system.

Cheers,
Peter.

We have had one other report of issues with Corner Pin Studio specific to using Adobe Essential Graphics for text creation. In that case using Adobe’s Legacy Titling was a workaround. Can you clarify just what type of text was used? As Peter mentioned, a project file would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Jason

Hello,

thanks for the hint. I tried to replace the text generated by Adobe Essential Graphics by a title generated by BCC Title Studio (part of Continuum 2022). Same result. You can download the project file and die video from my dropbox. Link below. You see the effect of:

1. the text generated by essential graphics (same problem),
  2. the null-option (no file, black box where the text should have been),
  3. a jpeg (works nicely) and
  4. the BORIS Title Studio Text (same as Essential graphics).

I could not try Adobe’s Legacy Titling in Adobe Premiere Pro 22. How is it called, where does it hide?

Here are the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6jn8erb3ljn9ez0/AAAsxfjNuhyoTCCBEhmWB0Kua?dl=0

Best

Peter

Hmmm … seems to work fine on my system - check out these screenshots :

Hi,

I looked at the screenshots. Looks like you applied some transformations on the text layer (workflow “apply to foreground”, no background chosen, no composite over BG). This I can repeat on my system. This looks like a solution, but not one to my problem.

What I wanted to do was to pin a text to the background video, following the tracking of the mocha tracker. This can be done with a foto or a video, but not with a text. I sent a video, a project file, another video, following the suggested workflow (apply to background, composite over BG, text as foreground) of a tutorial video by Boris.FX, but these three screenshots you sent do not correspond to the material I have sent.

Please have a look at this very short 2 min video I made on the problem and tell me if you can repeat this on your system, please:

Under BCC Corner Pin Studio (Continuum 2022) under Adobe Premiere I can insert pictures or videos (as a picture on the wall), but TEXT does not appear on a wall as desired. I made a small (quick and dirty) video that explains the problem.

You can find the 2 min video in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/id9kbl7xayzkz4g/Problem%20with%20Corner%20Pin%20Studio%20with%20TEXT.mp4?dl=0

Thanks in advance

Peter

Hi Peter,

Ahhh … I believe understand what you’re trying to do now. I’ll first download your files and review them and then I’ll try to track a live title to a moving object in PP using BCC Corner Pin Studio in the morning and let you know my findings.

Thanks,
Peter.

Great :slight_smile:

Mobil geschrieben und gesendet :slight_smile:

In the meantime I understood, how to use the workaround with Adobe’s legacy text, which works as desired. But: Legacy text will be discontinued, so it would be nice to have a BCC Corner Pin Studio that can deal with text generated by essential graphics in Adobe Premiere as well

Another issue linked to the same Corner Pin Studio: I have a background video and a picture that should be pinned to a wall, since the camera is moving, the mocha has to track the space, where the picture should appear. All fine and working. BUT: If y apply a mask to the picture before Corner Pin Studio kicks in, this mask (applied to the picture) will be ignored by Corner Pin Studio and the whole picture/foto would appear in the frame, not the subject cut out by the mask. Anything I can do about it?

Sorry

Best

Peter

Hi Peter,

This morning, I’m going to take a look at the corner pin project and screen cap that you sent. I’ll provide some feedback to you once I’ve done that.

In regard to the mask issue, I wonder if you can precomp / nest the masked clip to see if this might help you work past the dropped mask issue. Another solution, should this not be an option, would be to render out to the desktop the masked clip as an RGBA file, then reimport that into PP and work with that instead of the live masked shot.

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

Ok, I’ve attached a project for you based n the project that you sent to me. In the new project, you’ll find 3 instances of the clip that you sent along with a title overlaid on top of the background.

In the first instance, you can see that I was able to successfully pin the PP native text to the gate using BCC Corner Pin Studio. The result looks great and it was an easy and quick process to pin the text to the gate.

In the second instance, you can see that using a raw adobe essential graphics text object, that the corner pin fails to pin the graphic to the gate. We’ll look into why this is happening to see if we can understand the cause. It’s possible that there may be nothing that we can do about this issue.

In the third instance, I’ve nested the essential graphic element that I used in the second instance, and I overlaid this graphic on the background and then I was able to pin this essential graphics object using BCC Corner Pin. Again, it looks great.

So I think if you really need to use the Adobe PP Essential Graphics text, that you will need to nest that, overlay it on the background and then pin the nested text. Of course the easier alternative is to mimic what I’ve done in the first instance, which is to use the PP native text.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Peter.

Boris_Continuum Corner Pin Problem.zip (7.9 MB)
o

Thanks Peter,

yes, that helps very much. I appreciate the effort and the result and not the least part of the message you sent me is, that you were able to reproduce the problem on your system. Since I entered only very recently into the world of Adobe Premiere and Boris.FX it feels good to know, that it is not all a beginner’s fault :blush:

So thanks a lot, I will look into nesting (and understand how that works) and will probably use PP native text (this is the “legacy” text, right?) in most cases, where needed.

In other words: Excellent service, have a nice day!

Best

Peter

You’re most welcome Peter - I’m glad I was able to help with that. And please feel free to push any other Continuum related questions to us via this channel.

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

I am now trying to design an intro in BCC Title Studio. The issue I could not solve concerns the fonts. In Adobe Premiere Pro I do see all of my fonts installed on the system (TTF and OTF), but for some reason the OTF ones are missing in the list of available fonts in Title Studio. I tried to convert one .OTF into a .TTF, but BCC Title Studio does not want to work with it.

Is there any restriction in the available fotns list in BCC Title Studio I might not be aware of? My point: I really do want to use my OTF-Fonts in Title Studio on my Win11, Adobe Premiere Pro v22 and Continuum 2022.

Any idea what I could do?

Best

Peter

Hi Peter,

You are indeed correct - there are restrictions to the types of fonts that Title Studio can handle - I don’t think that all OTF fonts are currently supported, but I believe all TTF fonts are.

I am of the understanding that you should be able to convert the OTF to TTF though so I’m surprised to hear that this didn’t work for you - there are a few different on-line conversion tools that can facilitate that process, perhaps some are better than others. For instance, check this one out : OTF to TTF | CloudConvert

Thanks,
Peter.