Problem Solvers Please Help! importing issues

Hello
I am attempting to colorizing a moving object from a b&w layer. I can track the object (a blue tuck) no problem but when i put it into AE it loads the entire video, not just the tracked truck…and its really small.
Any ideas?

Hello

I am attempting to colorizing a moving object from a b&w layer. I can track the object (a blue tuck) no problem but when i put it into AE it loads the entire video, not just the tracked truck…and its really small.

Any ideas?

I am using CS4
So far I’ve been doubling my video layer in AE and making one b&w and one color. The color one I want to mask all but a moving truck so it remains color over the b&w. I’ve been taking the color video and in Mocha tracking the moving truck. I then export the track data as corner pin and paste the data on the color layer in AE onto the cornerpin effect.
It then pastes the entire video on the track rather than just the truck, and the small video layer moves along the track over my b&w layer.
Are you pasting in data on the first frame? Are you pasting data in as a shape effect or an AE mask? What version of mocha and After Effects are you using?
I am pasting on the first frame and i suppose ive been pasting as a shape effect (corner pin distortion?) rather than an AE mask.
Not sure about interlaced footage but the ratios and file sizes match since i’m just doubling the layer.
I’m thinking I need to mask out the rest of the color vid before I place my track effect?
The solution to this will help with a greenscreen project I’m doing as well…Thanks for any help you can provide!

I am using CS4

So far I’ve been doubling my video layer in AE and making one b&w and one color. The color one I want to mask all but a moving truck so it remains color over the b&w. I’ve been taking the color video and in Mocha tracking the moving truck. I then export the track data as corner pin and paste the data on the color layer in AE onto the cornerpin effect.

It then pastes the entire video on the track rather than just the truck, and the small video layer moves along the track over my b&w layer.

Are you pasting in data on the first frame? Are you pasting data in as a shape effect or an AE mask? What version of mocha and After Effects are you using?

I am pasting on the first frame and i suppose ive been pasting as a shape effect (corner pin distortion?) rather than an AE mask.

Not sure about interlaced footage but the ratios and file sizes match since i’m just doubling the layer.

I’m thinking I need to mask out the rest of the color vid before I place my track effect?

The solution to this will help with a greenscreen project I’m doing as well…Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi!

I need a little bit more information to troubleshoot! How are you putting the data into AE and what kind of export out of mocha are you using?

Are you using interlaced footage? One more question, in mocha and in your after effects comp and footage interpretation, do the aspect ratios and the file sizes match up?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi!
I need a little bit more information to troubleshoot! How are you putting the data into AE and what kind of export out of mocha are you using?
Are you using interlaced footage? One more question, in mocha and in your after effects comp and footage interpretation, do the aspect ratios and the file sizes match up?
Cheers,
Mary

It sounds to me that you might want to precomp your mask layer on a black solid and then use the “align surface” button in mocha to make the track data full frame.
If you are trying to use mocha to roto, this would be much simpler using the newest mocha AE v2.6. This ships with free mocha shape plug-in and than you can paste the mocha roto shape right to your mask layer. Upgrade is only $149.
http://webshop.imagineersystems.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=214
Or if you upgrade to AE CS5.5, you can paste mocha roto directly to the mask layer.
Hope this helps.

It sounds to me that you might want to precomp your mask layer on a black solid and then use the “align surface” button in mocha to make the track data full frame.

If you are trying to use mocha to roto, this would be much simpler using the newest mocha AE v2.6. This ships with free mocha shape plug-in and than you can paste the mocha roto shape right to your mask layer. Upgrade is only $149.
http://webshop.imagineersystems.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=214

Or if you upgrade to AE CS5.5, you can paste mocha roto directly to the mask layer.

Hope this helps.