Problem surface

i have a problem in Mocha ae, when i want to move Planar surface in Adjust track i have such a problem, Why these “things” move seperatly? i used this before as “one thing”, why now 2 things seperatly?

So you need to set your master points on a single frame, then the surface tool will follow where you move your adjust track points. The steps are:

1. In the TRACK tab, align your surface on the frame you want it aligned on and do not leave that frame.
  2. Click on the ADJUST TRACK tab.
  3. Move your top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right adjustment points to the exact location you want to align those points to over time.
  4. Click SET MASTER ALL
  5. Move to the next frame where the motion is the most deviant from the current correct location and add a keyframe for all four reference points (this keeps you organized).
  6. Repeat as needed until your track is adjusted.
  7. DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SURFACE while you're in the adjust track tab, the surface is following the track, so no amount of adjusting the surface is going to drive your adjust track.
This should fix your problem! Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you!

Cheers,
Mary

sooo… :frowning: why i have such a problem… i do what you say… but dont know what i do wrong exactly… in video as you see, in some frames i can grab “green” thing easily, but in some frames it is not possible or hard, what can i do? i cant grab it every time…

Can you email me this shot, you should not be hand animating every corner. There’s got to be something wrong with the main track. maryp@imagineersystems.com

Please send it along, I will take a look, send it back, and go over why this isn’t working for you.

Cheers,

Mary

i sended, thank you!

Hi there! I looked at your footage. Are you trying to track this entire shot? Because that’s definitely going to be part of your problem. You’re going to need to track this in on-screen sections not for thousands of frames going on and offscreen. You want to track in sections, and definitely track the edges of the frame, not the middle. You can use the add to x spline to cut out the middle.

Try that and let me know if you get better results.