PROBLEM - Using 'link to track' to a specific frame?

Hey Tracking masters :cool:
Here is my problem:
So I first tracked the hand called “Track Hand” and after that I made a new layer called “Roto Hand” and linked that to the “Track Hand”.
But The track is going crazy in the middle of the clip I’m tracking.
So also my layer “Roto hand” is also jumping from left to right up and down.
Is their a way I can erase my tracking information until a certain frame?
So I can manually move my layer “Roto hand” frame by frame?
THANKS! :smiley:
Greets,
Stylow

If you are using a mocha v3 version, you could use the dope sheet to delete tracking keyframes. Pre-v3 versions, you have to use “manual track” in the track tab to display the actual track keys and physically delete them…but warning - this is not for the faint hearted. Can get messy.
I would suggest trying to re-track with various techniques to get better tracking or even track until the frame before failure, then skip that section and pick up the track. This “might” be easier than deleting track data.
Best of luck,
Ross

If you are using a mocha v3 version, you could use the dope sheet to delete tracking keyframes. Pre-v3 versions, you have to use “manual track” in the track tab to display the actual track keys and physically delete them…but warning - this is not for the faint hearted. Can get messy.

I would suggest trying to re-track with various techniques to get better tracking or even track until the frame before failure, then skip that section and pick up the track. This “might” be easier than deleting track data.

Best of luck,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—

Best of luck,
Ross
—End Quote—
Thanks, Problem solved!

Hey Tracking masters :cool:

Here is my problem:
So I first tracked the hand called “Track Hand” and after that I made a new layer called “Roto Hand” and linked that to the “Track Hand”.
But The track is going crazy in the middle of the clip I’m tracking.
So also my layer “Roto hand” is also jumping from left to right up and down.

Is their a way I can erase my tracking information until a certain frame?
So I can manually move my layer “Roto hand” frame by frame?

THANKS! :smiley:

Greets,
Stylow

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—
Best of luck,
Ross
—End Quote—
Thanks, Problem solved!