Problems registering shape plugin

Hi, i recently purchased the shape plugin to use with the mocha for after effects soho edition version i got free with adobe cs4, mocha version 1.2.3. however i cannot license it, i was not sent a license so i tried to follow the release notes and imagineer website instructions which stated that i needed to get a host ID from the help menu in mocha in order to get a license. The help, view license window is blank …:confused:
can anyone help with this?

Hi, i recently purchased the shape plugin to use with the mocha for after effects soho edition version i got free with adobe cs4, mocha version 1.2.3. however i cannot license it, i was not sent a license so i tried to follow the release notes and imagineer website instructions which stated that i needed to get a host ID from the help menu in mocha in order to get a license. The help, view license window is blank …:confused:
can anyone help with this?

Hi Martin,
Just to clarify, if i bought the mocha ver2 for after effects upgrade for ?73.26 that would suffice for me to run the shape plugin? i wouldn’t have to buy the full version?
Also as later in the year i may upgrade to cs5, could i then get reimbursed as mocha version 2 and shape plugin comes with that anyway?
Many Thanks for your advice!

Hi Martin,

Just to clarify, if i bought the mocha ver2 for after effects upgrade for £73.26 that would suffice for me to run the shape plugin? i wouldn’t have to buy the full version?
Also as later in the year i may upgrade to cs5, could i then get reimbursed as mocha version 2 and shape plugin comes with that anyway?

If you buy mocha for After Effects V2 then yes, it will work with the shape plugin:

http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?
target=products&product_id=29883

The full version also will export the data, but if you are only exporting to After Effects and don’t need additional export and rendering functionality then the mocha for After Effects V2 upgrade will be enough.

If you want to discuss further purchasing options please contact me on martinb[at]imagineersystems{dot}com

Hi attybatty,

Although the shape plugin runs with CS4, you cannot export shape data out of the CS4 version of mocha for After Effects (1.2.3). Shape export was introduced in mocha for After Effects V2, which is a separate product sold by us and now also bundled with CS5.

You can’t get a host id from the CS4 version of mocha AE as it is part of the adobe licence. You would need to either download mocha for After Effects V2 or directly look up your systems MAC address.

Hi attybatty,
Although the shape plugin runs with CS4, you cannot export shape data out of the CS4 version of mocha for After Effects (1.2.3). Shape export was introduced in mocha for After Effects V2, which is a separate product sold by us and now also bundled with CS5.
You can’t get a host id from the CS4 version of mocha AE as it is part of the adobe licence. You would need to either download mocha for After Effects V2 or directly look up your systems MAC address.

If you buy mocha for After Effects V2 then yes, it will work with the shape plugin:

http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?
target=products&product_id=29883
The full version also will export the data, but if you are only exporting to After Effects and don’t need additional export and rendering functionality then the mocha for After Effects V2 upgrade will be enough.
If you want to discuss further purchasing options please contact me on martinb[at]imagineersystems{dot}com

There is no “reimbursement” for customer that purchase mocha for AE v2 and then later purchase CS5 but any owner of Imagineer products is qualified to upgrade to mocha v2 (full version) at almost 50% off the purchase price:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=225
Best,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by attybatty)—
Hi Martin,

Just to clarify, if i bought the mocha ver2 for after effects upgrade for £73.26 that would suffice for me to run the shape plugin? i wouldn’t have to buy the full version?

—End Quote—

There is no “reimbursement” for customer that purchase mocha for AE v2 and then later purchase CS5 but any owner of Imagineer products is qualified to upgrade to mocha v2 (full version) at almost 50% off the purchase price:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=225
Best,
Ross
—Quote (Originally by attybatty)—
Hi Martin,
Just to clarify, if i bought the mocha ver2 for after effects upgrade for ?73.26 that would suffice for me to run the shape plugin? i wouldn’t have to buy the full version?
—End Quote—