Problems with Mac OS version of Monet

Hey there,

Hoping someone can help.

I’ve been testing the Mac OS LE version of Monet, using the tutorial footage and the online videos, and I’ve found 2 main problems that seem to be bugs:

1. When I adjust a track, instead of smoothing the overall track, it only corrects it for that one frame, causing the tracker point to jump. This happens with the default settings, AutoKeyframe On and Modify Off.

2. When I save my file with a track and reopen it, either the track is completely missing or its there for one frame but then becomes corrupted as I scrub.

These feel like bugs with the Mac OS version, as:

• A coworker saw the same problems when it tested it on his Mac.
  • I got the correct results from the same steps using the Linux version.

I also downloaded and tested Mocha on the Mac and got good results right away. We’re wanting to purchase Monet (for the additional features), but only if we can find solutions to these problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Chris

Just to close out my own thread:

They were able to reproduce these errors on their end, so for now, a workaround is to use the 2.1.1 version which is stable.

-C

Don’t feel bad. I just BOUGHT a full license of Monet and it had the same problem. *Anyone know where I can get version 2.1.1 ?*I have a very angry client.

http://www.imagineersystems.com/files/monet/MonetV2.1.1.dmg

I believe that support is working on the issue. There should be a point release coming but will not be until after the new year. 2.1.1 should be a but better, but does not support as many QT codecs. I’d recommend using sequential files for this version.

We will keep you posted.
Best,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by mattewizard)—
Don’t feel bad. I just BOUGHT a full license of Monet and it had the same problem. *Anyone know where I can get version 2.1.1 ?*I have a very angry client.
—End Quote—