Project not opening

—Quote (Originally by Jay)—
…If you do have any files you want to send to still have a look at, perhaps the files with the moved media?..
—End Quote—

Thanks again Jay. Unfortunately, I delete those files.

—Quote (Originally by rmatichak@hotmail.com)—
One more question, when working with Uncompressed 10bit video, should I be working with separate fields or not?

Thanks.
—End Quote—

The rule is - if the source is interlaced, you should separate fields.
Mainly for tracking purposes and outputting interlaced mattes.

—Quote (Originally by rmatichak@hotmail.com)—
Well, I thought I’d go over to the download page at Imagineer.com.
I downloaded version 1.1.2. Installed it, and “Voila”! I can open the latest version of my project.
I’m not sure if it’s because of the re-install or the update itself, but hey, it’s working.

Thanks again.:slight_smile:
—End Quote—

I’m just glad you are sorted, my next suggestion / question would have been are you run Motor 1.1.2 and good news is that we will soon release 1.1.3 as we are constantly making improvements and adding features.

If you do have any files you want to send to still have a look at, perhaps the files with the moved media?

Upload to FTP account:
server: ftp.imagineersystems.com
username: imgforum
password: imgforum

direct link: ftp://imgforum:imgforum@ftp.imagineersystems.com/

Bare in mind this ftp account is not private! Do not upload anything confidential.

Well, I thought I’d go over to the download page at Imagineer.com.
I downloaded version 1.1.2. Installed it, and “Voila”! I can open the latest version of my project.
I’m not sure if it’s because of the re-install or the update itself, but hey, it’s working.

There is one new little prob. When I render to QT, I get a prompt that states my licsense doesn’t allow me to render at (say H264 high quality) and that I should use “Motion jpeg A” set to medium quality.
What’s up with that?
Help!
Thanks again.:slight_smile:

Hello. 1st post here.
I started a project, then moved the assets (image seq & project files) to another folder. Upon opening that same project, I was prompted to locate the clips. I did so, then I get the “Beach Ball of Death” (Mac G5/Quad 10.4.9) for sometime. The project doesn’t load & the app hangs.

Any suggestions?

One more question, when working with Uncompressed 10bit video, should I be working with seperate fields or not?

Thanks.

—Quote (Originally by Jay)—
…search for (ClipDirectory.value=) and alter the clip location to match the new locatio n of the clip.

—End Quote—

Well unfortunately, this didn’t work. I’m not in a habit of moving files around once a project has started, but however, I am in a habit of saving incrimental versions of my work. So I didn’t lose everything.
Mind you, in opening a previous version, I still had to direct Motor to the clip files. The project opened in tact. Thanks for your help.
Having a blast! It’s a great app.
Cheers!

Thanks Jay, for the quick response. I’ll have to apply your recomendations later today (8hrs from now). I’ll post my results either way. Thanks again.

Well I started a new project. I saved incrimentally from version 1 to version 5. While I was working on v5 the app quit (closed) on me. Prompt read “the application motor has unexpectedly quit…”.
I relauched the app., and could not open v4, v5 or any of the autosave files.
Even upon restarting the computer, I was only able to open versions 1 through 3.

I tried attaching the project files in text (pdf) form (perhaps something can be “spotted”) but it’s taking forever (it doesn’t seem to be working).
I can email it if you’d like.

Sorry for all of this.

Desperately trying to learn & move on. Chin up!
Thanks.
Cheers.

Motor:
Build 1.1.1
Build Date Mar 26 2007

My system info:

Hardware Overview:
Machine Name: Power Mac G5 Quad
Machine Model: PowerMac11,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 4
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz