RAM preview

—Quote (Originally by residentadam)—
Hello, I’ve been playing with the demo for a few days now, and just one question: is there a way to get real time previews of the rotoscope? It seems like it’s never really getting cached into RAM, and the playback of the final roto runs at a slow stagger. I’m running Motor 1.1.1 on OSX, Quad Intel Xeon with 4 gigs ram.

This is a problem as it’s very difficult to check your matte for any bumps or problems if it’s not running full speed. Are there some settings that I need to change possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam VanDine
—End Quote—

Adam

What format/resolution are you dealing with? Stills? Video clip?

Are you playing back with Colorize active?
Pls confirm is you experience the same issue with Colorize switched off.

Basically viewing your mattes against the Canvas as opposed to an overlay.

Also try using “Sel.Matte” (Selected Matte Only) to view only selected Mattes as opposed to All Mattes. (This is using the Tri-state Matte button under View Controls)

I’ve been working with tif sequences at NTSC D1. It doesn’t seem to matter how small the area i’m trying to preview, once i have number of splines on the footage, the playback is stuttered.

Hello, I’ve been playing with the demo for a few days now, and just one question: is there a way to get real time previews of the rotoscope? It seems like it’s never really getting cached into RAM, and the playback of the final roto runs at a slow stagger. I’m running Motor 1.1.1 on OSX, Quad Intel Xeon with 4 gigs ram.

This is a problem as it’s very difficult to check your matte for any bumps or problems if it’s not running full speed. Are there some settings that I need to change possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam VanDine