Remove help

Hello,
I’m a relative newby looking for some help!
I have a shot where a subject walks and passes 2 doors. Each door has a sign on it that I need to remove.
I’ve started by tracking the person and putting him on the bottom of the layer order.
This is where I’m stuck.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
thanks!

If you have signs on the doors there is no background behind them, so you will need to paint them out first and use the clean plate to help with the remove.

Rotoing out the person is definitely necessary, but they should be put right at the top of the stack to mask out the removal, so the layers would be from top to bottom:

1. The foreground person mask
  2. The remove layer that has a mask around the signs and the cleanplate(s) for those signs
  3. The background track

If you have signs on the doors there is no background behind them, so you will need to paint them out first and use the clean plate to help with the remove.
Rotoing out the person is definitely necessary, but they should be put right at the top of the stack to mask out the removal, so the layers would be from top to bottom:

1. The foreground person mask
  2. The remove layer that has a mask around the signs and the cleanplate(s) for those signs
  3. The background track

Thank you, Martin!

Hello,
I’m a relative newby looking for some help!

I have a shot where a subject walks and passes 2 doors. Each door has a sign on it that I need to remove.
I’ve started by tracking the person and putting him on the bottom of the layer order.
This is where I’m stuck.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
thanks!

Thank you, Martin!